First nickel box yields two 2013-P (Var. 2) K4 Die Breaks!

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
After buying individual rolls for the longest time I ponied up and bought my first sealed box of nickels (all 22 lbs. of her!) Found the occasional British, Bermuda, and Canada coins mixed in, plus a bunch of pre-60's (though nothing I needed to fill gaps in my collection). Something, though, told me to put aside all of the 2013's and inspect them under the loupe. Sure enough, 2 of them had the exact same die break on the reverse. It's located in the bottom curve of the S in PLURIBUS.

I still have half the box yet to go through, so to already find 2 of them in the same mixed box (not all new nickels) is fantastic in my eyes! I apologize for the slightly blurry quality of this pic, but here are my 2 coins:
DSC_0535_DxO-c.jpg

Upvote 0

Jamesabroad

Feb 23, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't aware of this variety. Is there any premium associated with it? Where can I find more information about it? Thanks for posting!

OP
OP
DaytonaRacer

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I wasn't aware of it either until I found it. Not much info on line yet - at least that I can easily find. The first clue was an eBay listing for the coins with the same error. I'm still trying to track down more info on it. I've now looked at alot of 2013's and those 2 are the only ones I've seen so far with the error.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread