First night of CRH for me

Pocket Treys

Feb 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 6000
and I got skunked.....I purchased $100 dollars in quarters, $100 in dimes, and like a complete rookie $100 in one dollar coins (the presidential ones...LOL I swear..my brain just turns itself off some times. I also found out that I have a little competition here so I will have to start ordering boxes i guess. I also found a couple of halves around town.

Got skunked and I felt like every 1965 quarter and dime wanted to come out and laugh at me.....Ohhhhhh well...still have $75 in dimes to keep me company tomorrow night. hopefully something will pop up and surprise me there.

$180.50 searched
:'(
SKUNKED

Upvote 0

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to the way it is now. And its a feeling you will get very used too.

Unfortunately with all the first timers, the higher price of silver and more people looking silver is getting scarcer and scarcer. Of course a few deposits will be made, But the more people looking, The less your going to find...if any.

But good luck!

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
We all have competitors in our area. Use this knowledge to your advantage, get up early and hit the back road banks. You can print off a list of banks on Google and that may help you to the silver. Skunks are just a byproduct of this hobby. Spend a few,dump the rest. You might try the banks inside Wal Marts(I know you have a few of them) Those small banks get coin collections from little old ladies who try to get everything done at one store. Cheers, Jim

OP
OP
P

Pocket Treys

Feb 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 6000
coolpix9 said:
We all have competitors in our area. Use this knowledge to your advantage, get up early and hit the back road banks. You can print off a list of banks on Google and that may help you to the silver. Skunks are just a byproduct of this hobby. Spend a few,dump the rest. You might try the banks inside Wal Marts(I know you have a few of them) Those small banks get coin collections from little old ladies who try to get everything done at one store. Cheers, Jim

The funny thing Jim was I thought of that last night and did just that....they did not have any but the girl was practically jumping all over herself to order me a box or two...I said sure since she can get them in 2 days rather than waiting a week.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pocket Treys said:
the girl was practically jumping all over herself to order me a box or two...
Make that a good source bank. One good thing about an in-store bank.

Get a shopping cart and push the whole order out at once. :D

Several times I have had to make three trips to my car with coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread