AllenJ

Mar 7, 2018
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Minelab GPX5000 & GM1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First Nugget.jpg

.7 grams, found on top of a tailings pile about an inch deep.

Everyone says to dig all targets and that is exactly what I did. It was a weak one way signal but it was repeatable. I moved some dirt with my foot and that made it a screamer from all directions lol. I honestly thought it was going to be a piece of an old can since the area is littered with trash from the old timers and when I thought I saw yellow in the scoop I refused to get excited until I confirmed that was the target. It was and the excitement commenced :laughing7:

Upvote 0

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Excellent job out there in CA. One day I hope to know how that feels. Congratulations! My experience is once you get the first one, they come easier. Hope that rings true on gold nuggets as well.
Were you using the at gold in all metal mode or?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whooooo-Hooooooo!!!!! Congrats on your First!! :occasion14::headbang::hello2:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
.7 grams, found on top of a tailings pile about an inch deep.

Everyone says to dig all targets and that is exactly what I did. It was a weak one way signal but it was repeatable. I moved some dirt with my foot and that made it a screamer from all directions lol. I honestly thought it was going to be a piece of an old can since the area is littered with trash from the old timers and when I thought I saw yellow in the scoop I refused to get excited until I confirmed that was the target. It was and the excitement commenced :laughing7:

You'll always remember the first one! Many, many congratulations on finding your nice nugget.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
A

AllenJ

Mar 7, 2018
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Minelab GPX5000 & GM1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks everyone, the excitement of finally finding a nugget has yet to wear off!

I was using my TDI SL in this area, to many hot/cold rocks for a VLF.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other