first offical find

treasureaddict

Apr 17, 2015
florida
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well i'm new to metal detecting , first outing lost a quarter, second outing around old lake area, lots of pull tags old gun cart., a couple of cans, and yes finely!! my first coin!! a penny , then another one and then a quarter!! no old dates but coins for sure, next a dime!! i think i'm hooked!!LOL// cant wait till i find something really nice, than i'll really be hooked!! and probably divorced!!lol
i'll have pics to post next time.
haven't been able to figure out uploading from my i phone for the pics??? looks like i have to download to computer first to upload to trenet../ thoughts??

Upvote 0

KELLYCO*SCUBA*CHRIS

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Apr 21, 2015
Orlando FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett AT Pro, Nokta FORS CoRe/Relic/Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME CRAIG!!!!!! Please let me know what else you find on your hunts.

OP
OP
T

treasureaddict

Apr 17, 2015
florida
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8-)i'm hooked, should have never started golf either:laughing7:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
8-)i'm hooked, should have never started golf either:laughing7:

Golf just might take a back seat once you hit Gold or Silver.

I guarantee this will be you! BIG EYES.jpg I don't believe you ever did that in golf.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Last edited:

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A metal detector in your golf bag will freak out the greens-keepers - :laughing7:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
It can be quite addictive. Just wait until you find a silver coin, piece of jewelry or old relic. If you are like the rest of us, it will keep you awake at night. Your wife will quickly learn to dislike you "new" friend! Mark my words. Good luck, and remember, the ride has just begun!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It can be quite addictive. Just wait until you find a silver coin, piece of jewelry or old relic. If you are like the rest of us, it will keep you awake at night. Your wife will quickly learn to dislike you "new" friend! Mark my words. Good luck, and remember, the ride has just begun!

Nah...once He finds a Diamond Ring She'll see the light:laughing7:.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic, Craig!

Hang in there. Totally fun hobby. I started in January. My first outing I found 11 cents (one dime, one penny). By the end of the second week, I was averaging about .30 an hour. By the end of the first month, I'd found 3 gold rings, 2 silver ones, a tungsten carbide, and a titanium ring (and about $80 in change).

It gets better. :) The scale of success comes with learning your machine! Time in will equal more results.

Have fun!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I gradually got my wife into detecting..now she is hooked too,we have a blast planning and hunting together.Now when she's not into going she practically shoves me out the door to go hunting.And yes,when I gave her a nice 14k 1/3c diamond ring I found she began to be interested.
Funniest thing is she speaks f2 so fluently and is so tenacious that even when my buddies go with us she is the last to burn out and she holds her own against a ctx an etrac and 2 atps with that f2.

welcome to the addiction.

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job.. Starting out with an AT Pro too, great decision. I see you are in Florida , lots of treasure opportunities in your state. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to a great hobby! If you think your hooked now wait until you find your first ring or first silver coin. I started in 1999 and can still take you to the exact spot when I found my first gold ring and first silver dime. I hear you about the wife too! We've all been that road :laughing7: When I first started I was only detecting the beaches and the tot lots because it was easier than dirt fishing. Once I got into finding silver coins and artifacts in the dirt I was hooked for life. You'll get to the point where every time you see a pile of dirt or a sidewalk tore up in the old part of town you'll start wondering what you're going to find there.

Just remember these thing and you'll do great: be patient, learn your machine by digging a ton of targets (good and bad), always be neat, carry away your trash, get out often, practice, practice, practice, and above all have fun. Good Luck and HH

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You have now passed the point of no return:offtheair:You stepped into ............the detecting zone.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Craig! Pretty soon it will be very hard for you to even drive down the street without having an accident while looking for the next great place to hunt. You will spend $2000 to find a $100 ring. Vacations will revolve around places that had history. You will hunt in the rain and snow and break anything you buy trying to dig frozen ground. Man..... I have to go......detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread