First official day with EX II

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Well yesterday, I went to a local park that has yeilded silver in the past, I found a quarter and some pulltabs, nothing much until i got a very good signal very deep, I found it with my pinpointer, and i knew it was somthing good, but i did't want to get my hands muddy, and it was MUDDY, It was slush, muddy crappy slush really cold too, so I did't want to get my new md dirty, anyways, somhow I lost the signal, I think whatever it was it fell way deeper in to the hole, past my detectors id depth. Well, the good news is iam going back there today to find whatever it is, HH CS

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
There are a few ways that I have found to beat the light rain, or mud... I rap my detector box with plastic and tape it up...I have had it for about 4 to 5 months now, & keeping it rapped up is keep'n it in good shape...
No Mud. or Dirt on it yet. Knock on wood. ;D
I also use a pair of thick rubber gloves to keep all the nasty off my hands...
I'm sure your going to love that Explorer II. My cousin has one, and he finds a lot of stuff ( Mostly hunts for silver, and usually always finds a piece. )
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Coin Saver keep us updated on your finds and how you like the
Exp II. I have two XLT's and I like them alot. I have been thinking
of selling one and getting a Exp. II. I like to have two detectors
in case one messes up or to take a buddy hunting if they want to go.
Any one have any thoughts about the Exp II trade for a XLT.
I am really getting to know the XLT so I do not know if I should keep
both of them or have two different detectors.

OP
OP
Coin_Saver

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Yeah, the funny thing is SMXLT, I owned an XLT before i got the EX II! lol I loved the XLT ahhh... the good aold days, but I like my EX II so much but its hard to get used to using the EX II instead of the XLT I can't wait to find somthing great with my new detector! HH CS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread