AP552

Apr 9, 2015
Southeastern Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
AT max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took advantage of the mild weather and hit one of my regular fields. The site dates back to at least the early 1800s. Dug my first ring with a stone, was about 6 inches down. Not sure if the metal is brass or pewter but definitely not silver or gold. The stone is red but has some damage to it, I'm thinking maybe glass? Garnet at best, no clue, just my guess. It looks like there is a stamp or some kind of markings on the inside of the band. Any info that can be provided is greatly appreciated as always.
Not far from there I dug a circular tag, looks like it has a 1 4 on top, then j Langley in the middle and a large F at the bottom. Not sure what it was for so again any info is appreciated. Only decent coin of the day was a 1864 2 cent in rough shape. Can't tell if it's the large or small banner due to it condition. Thanks for looking. HH
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upvote 6

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It looks like you had some fun in all this nice weather that we are getting. Big Congrats!

tabman

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ring looks brass not pewter and it extremely cool. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread