VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not one of these hunters who jumps on the "best new thing" in detectors because I know over 50% of finding relics or coins is where you hunt. The next 25% is how well you know your detector. I bought my first F75 in 2009. My only criticism of the unit was that it was noisy in areas with electrical interference like electric fences and high voltage power lines.The target separation in moderate iron was better than the old unit but I always felt I was missing relics. In November, they offered an upgrade that included a faster process mode. The tech I talked to wouldn't promise any more depth but indicated that I might expect better target separation in iron with less noise. I took a chance and sent one of my F75s in for the upgrade.
This morning, I had a little over an hour to check it out. I rarely use the Discrimination mode but I played with it this morning in a moderate iron field with the disc. set at 30. The unit was very quiet and seemed super sensitive even though I already had the sensitivity set at 90. Although the targets I dug weren't CW, the shape of them should have made them read 30 or higher as they did. I switched back to the all metal mode in a heavy iron field that I had hunted many times with little success. This area has been hunted hard by the Trio with our F75s. I was in the middle of iron readings when a strong "62" signal seemed to "overpower" the iron readings. The target had a soft audio pinpoint and was 8 in. deep. It was the .69 cal. Big Boy 3 ringer in the pic. So far, so good based on the way the enhanced unit worked today. Will keep you updated. HH, Q.

Attachments

• DSCN1481.JPG
    DSCN1481.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 261
Upvote 9

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get good to hear man. I've got a T2 SE and an F75 LTD and am excited about the great feedback

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First Outing with My "Enhanced" F75- I was impressed

I am thinking IF and WHEN I buy another detector, I will go with the F75 LTD. Are all new ones already outfitted with this upgrade, or is it something they only include with more money?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking IF and WHEN I buy another detector, I will go with the F75 LTD. Are all new ones already outfitted with this upgrade, or is it something they only include with more money?

Make sure you ask for the upgraded model because they may try to dump left over stock on you bud

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OD
Stick with Keith@ The Fort,Bart,Wayne,or the other supporting vendors here on Tnet...they all have the Upgraded F 75 s and the T2s.
I love mine !
Gary

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pay attention to what Ahab says. However, if you bought one made in the last 6 months of 2014, it's my understanding they will enhance it free. You only pay the shipping to El Paso. There are 2 levels of upgrades. I just had my regular F75 enhanced. The more expensive upgrade makes a LTD out of a regular F75. HH, Q.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What?? You better be upgrading to the Deus! !!! Lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's always good when they do something for nothing, and the something works. Yes Vino I hear what you're saying... still thinking.

Last edited:

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's always good when they do something for nothing, and the something works. Yes Vino I hear what you're say... still thinking.

I hear ya Pepper, but its not for nothing..
I believe its a 159.00 bucks, lol.
George

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sent mine in last week. Mine is a standard 2007 vintage F-75. I just got the $159 upgrade. My detector is too old and beat up to invest any more.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Correct. I paid $159. This was my unit bought in 2009. The LTD upgrade is a little over $300. HH, Q.

Sorry Vol..Nice find and i did hear that upgrade was working out great..
That f75 dont owe you nothing..
George

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
That's great, Now if we can only get you upgraded. LOL
Dman

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hear ya Pepper, but its not for nothing..
I believe its a 159.00 bucks, lol.
George

Ok thanks- just ready to send in the CTX for an overhaul/repair, I hope there's no bending over.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man after my own heart. It's the How and the Where. Truer words never spoke. :)

Sounds like this is going to work for ya. Love to see more.

WTG!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just sent mine in last week. Mine is a standard 2007 vintage F-75. I just got the $159 upgrade. My detector is too old and beat up to invest any more.
Steve, mine had been through the mill as well and it came back looking brand new. Knowing what you do about the unit already, you'll think they supercharged it. HH, Q.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My T2 went out a couple of days ago, glad to hear a good report!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread