First outing with new Detector-Draped Bust

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
I upgraded from the Explorer XS to the new Minlab E-trac,my christmas preasant to myself. After going over the manual I finally got time to hit a pounded park, alot of iron in this park. The ground was mostly frozen but was able to detect for about 20 miniuts before dark, tough digging. Having used the explorer for many years the jump to the E-trac was quite easy, i love it it is so light and the new features are a dream. I dug 5 targets and it came to me so easy dug some usual trash just to see. My first target was a pulltab next two clad and the next I got that lovely deep chirp I knew i should dig. I pinpointed the target and 2 inches down was a plastic pen with the tip and top rusted, I removed the pen and rechecked and got a great signal directly below where the pen was at 6 inches. Thenout pops this draped bust copper 1798, just awesome I am so pleased. I dug one more target that bottomed out the depth meter and had a feeling for button, yes it was a flat button and still had some gold gilt on it. First 5 targets and 2 goodies with my new baby, cant wait to try all the other pounded areas I have neglected in the past. Snow in the forcast tomorrow, DARN. I got myself the best preasant.
NJ Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0903 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0903 (Medium).JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_0904 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0904 (Medium).JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 695
  • IMG_0911 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0911 (Medium).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 698
Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats looks like you got a good detector for the job. Happy Hunting.

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Cool beans!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is amazing. Nice story too. Bet you can't wait to get out again. Looks like snow is comming your way :-\ I've heard some good things about that new e-track

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like the Etrac is going to be very good to you. You're off to a great start.

Congrats....

Brian in MA

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
NJ Marty,

heck of a find :o for a first outing with a
new detector.

Looks like it could be a good year for you. ;D

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Wow, what a find!
Way to start out with the new machine. I really want an ETrac.
Have fun with it!
Mike

PANNONIAN

Jan 6, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Great find Marty, Feels good when you find a good target with a new machine! I'm convinced,I'm getting an E Track for myself,Aldo my Explorer SE only a year old. Good luck this year! Pannonian

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an awesome first hunt with your new detector! A buddy of mine uses the ETrac and it really is a dream machine. Hopefully some day I can upgrade to that machine. Lets see some more pics once it gets cleaned up a little.

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
pjroo33 said:
Congrats on an awesome first hunt with your new detector! A buddy of mine uses the ETrac and it really is a dream machine. Hopefully some day I can upgrade to that machine. Lets see some more pics once it gets cleaned up a little.
Thanks. I saved for a bit and finally bit the bullet, my Explorer was about 6 years old and finally made the jump. Very happy, not much snow but temps into the teens by thursday. Darn again.
Marty

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Fantastic find! Gotta love those oldies from here in NJ.

You may want to try some light cleaning in hot hydrogen peroxide, but be careful not to overdo it on that one!

Congrats!
Neil

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Sounds like you opened the best present under the tree....WTG on the coin. and good luck with your new detector.

Attachments

• tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 242
  • tn_27_jpg.jpg
    tn_27_jpg.jpg
    850 bytes · Views: 235

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread