The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck Big Al, hope you score big-time! Watch out for Montezuma! ;)

HH!
TBGO

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Best of luck to ya, Big Al! Find a ring or three, then have a nice Margerita and think of all us poor working slobs here on T'Net... ;)

R

rb

Man it sounds like you are going to have a blast.. You better post all the booty you find and the treasures.LOL Have a great trip and keep us posted. HH RB

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Al for God sake take a lot of wipies with you! Please bring back that gold chain I lost down there. You know, the one you find. Thats the one. Burdie
PS. Post post post when you get back.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, would like to see what you find! HH, Mike

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
....as I sit here listening to Jimmy Buffett--"lost in Marguritaville" I hope you don't find too many Pop-tops...
Have fun and good luck.

Dave

OP
OP
B

BIG61AL

Hi all....I am back! I had more fun detecting than I ever had. Our rented condo was right on the beach which made the early morning searches very easy to get a quick start. I made a point to travel light with my gear but I made a error. I forgot to bring headphones which made searching the surf almost impossible since i could not hear my PRIZM V over the sound of the crashing waves [very steep slope]. I won't make that mistake again. Only two of the 39 coins found were in the flat sands by the surf. I soon discovered that this beach was extremely heavy in pull tabs and beer bottle caps so the discrimination was set high. However the area by the condo has beach restaurants that have chair and tables out in the sand. That means lots of coins changing hands on the beach. My haul for about 10 hours searching was six 10 pesos, three two pesos, five 1 pesos, ten 50 centavos, two 20 centavos, three 10 centavos, 4 US dimes, 1 US nickle, 4 US pennies and one keeper - a small [13mm] copper coin which is very encrusted/corroded. The date is readable, 1992 and a large number "1" can be seen and no other features are visible except for a series of indentations that are on the rim. A Mexican police officer says it's not a Mexican coin. A search in the library is next. Over all it was a blast. I wish I could have found some gold or silver jewelery but I am happy to have found some treasure.

B

brz

Good luck to you, and detect in the water but don't drink it ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread