First Permission, 3rd Day, Honoring Our Code of Ethics..and another Real Workout!

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another day of the trash that fooled me. I kept my discriminate for coins and all factory settings at that and dug nothing but trash that fooled me to get down on my knees. I was using a 12" coil. Haven't hit a single coin. I came home and tried it out in my coin garden and got mixed results, but no solid single ping, i know that there is fine aluminum shavings and cuts from when they put on my carport.....hmmm think I just answered my own question...move coin garden! The site that I am own is full of wire, road mesh, 5/8" rebar, staples,old beer cans, rusted duplex #8 and #12 Nails, some kind of electric coil I mean almost covered. Even with the setting I am using, it is singing like crazy, but not registering as a coin. I'm too "Green" to even ask a proper question.:dontknow:

Attachments

• 20180222_120633.jpg
    20180222_120633.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 87
Upvote 2

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
YOU COME TO THE RIGHT SITE FOR ANSWERS >

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If your test garden is full of iron then it's going to be a bit more challenging to get testing of coin signals. Then again detecting isn't always a bed of roses when it comes to sites. Cellar holes and homesteads are nothing but iron a lot of times.
Move your test garden to a clean patch of earth, if your having a problem finding one on your own turf blame the construction industry, they bury all the trash then landscape over it.

OP
OP
S

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you pepperi!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello suntannedgem,

IMHO: place your machine in all metal and find a "clean" iron free area, build your test bed at this location. Mark the area, coin type and depth on a piece of paper and flag off your test bed. do not worry, things will turn around for your real soon! GL & HH

Doc

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang tough, learning the machine takes time. I have an AT PRO and I am a lot better with it each time I use it and have dug a lot of trash so I can understand what I am hearing and seeing.

OP
OP
S

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Doc. I appreciate all the tips I can get. I also spent today in research/training mode and have read or watched every comment/rating/opinion on/demonstration/video on my GTI. Was a big confirmation on my signal interpretation. I also learned that most of the negative comments on the GTI were from short timers expecting to go outside their front door and find their treasure the first day. The long haulers rate the GTI very highly and it was by those that I went with in my original decision to purchase my GTI. Knowledge and success does not come without effort, study, practice, action, patience with myself and time in the field. Again thank you for your time.

OP
OP
S

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I have! What a great group of Professional Treasure Hunters! I am humbled by the help of so many.:notworthy:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Best of luck to you, keep your chin up, it gets better.

Watch the videos on You Tube, and find a clean place to practice (test garden). When I started (and still do), I went to the local parks and schools. There is usually some coinage at these places. I struggled at first, it takes a little time to get used to the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread