First Permission Granted and a Barber Dime

AgIA

Oct 5, 2012
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw an old farmhouse that was being torn down nearby and went and asked for permission to hunt. This was the 1st time I have asked for permission and he was very nice and gave me the go ahead. Turns out that he had already scraped the area and dragged a bunch of garbage across most of the property - the ground was an explosion of sound. All I found was a clad dime and a bunch of garbage. After a few hours of this I decided to go check out a park that once had a stone quarry in it. I went exploring and found the area but didn't detect that area - something to come back to. On my way out I went through a groomed area and hunted for a couple minutes and came across the 1908 barber dime. Went back again to this area today for a couple hours and only found a wheat. The other wheats and the Indian came from a few older park areas on another hunt. The Indian cleaned up pretty good with peroxide but it has that crust on the front that won't budge. HH!

IMG_3785.jpg

Upvote 1

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds. soak that indian in olive oil for a month or so and see if that crud comes off

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds !

BuckleBoy