First Post--After School Hunt

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
This is the first post for me. I recently started using my dad's backup detector, a Tesoro Cibola. I haven't found any silver, gold, or wheats yet, but hopefully they're coming soon. My dad took me out after school today for about 2 hours. I found 71 coins and a token for a total of about $5.70.

Thanks for looking,
Filthy Flyer (Thats what we like to call dirty quarters with the eagle on the back.)

Attachments

• filthy coins1.JPG
    filthy coins1.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 642
Upvote 0

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you've got a great start. Welcome to TNET!

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
71 keepers in 2 hours sounds like youthful exuberance to me! ;D

Keep up the good work!

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one of those targets could have been an older coin. You just never know. The Cibola is a great detector and should serve you well. Keep going and you will definitely find the oldies.

HH,
R.I.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Digging that many coins in a hunt you will be finding the older stuff in no time. Older coins and deeper will sound scratchier than the newer stuff and the tone will be fainter and may even sound more like an iron hit with a scratchy sound mixed in,hope this helps you out a bit,HH..Shoot

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome, and congratulations the clad will add up fast and I'm sure you will be finding the oldies in no time. thanks for sharing and hh.

Bell-Two

Aug 28, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Ace 250
Great job for a first hunt, any coin even clad is nice to find. I consider any hunt successful as long as I find something of interest. It took me 3 months before I found my first silver so keep looking. Practice reading your machine finding clad is like batting practice for a baseball player hunt in the right places and the better stuff will turn up. Good luck and HH

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
keep swinging the goodies will come. you will definately remember your first major find. it burns a place in your memory like nothing else. welcome to treasurenet. and I hope you have many years of great finds ahead of you.

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and thats a good haul. Save that clad it will add up before you know it.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the UK. Lucky your Dad teaches you, I had to teach him...lol :icon_thumright: (& he got my back-up machine)

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Welcome to Treasure net!!! I'll tell ya what, ANY day you can find that many coins is a great day. Keep up the diligent work and you will be rewarded with many many years of very good times and tons of cool stuff!
Happy Hunting

~Nash~

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard! you are now one of US. Before long you will be addicted. That's when the fun begins. If you find one penny it is one penny and more exercise than you had before you started.
Happy Hunting Happy Harry

harpp

Jul 20, 2006
san jose ca.
Detector(s) used
WHITES CLASSIC 3/ WHITES M 6
WTG!!! that is alot of clad for a 2 hour hunt... if your not hooked yet, when you find your first silver anything, you will be! (dont be afraid to dig a can tab... thats where the gold is hiding!) i look forward to reading more posts from you... keep on diggin
- harpp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread