Downstream

Jan 12, 2012
Utah
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So first off, hello all, I've been lurking around like may others and detecting for the last 4 months with a Minelab X-Terra 705 and filling my pockets with clad coins, junk jewlery, literally 100's of bullets and BB's, and now finally a 14K Gold Ring with 3 canardly diamonds (so small you can hardly see 'em).

So I went to a soccer field at a popular city park and started swinging with the x-terra and my new tool, A Garrett Pro Pointer :icon_thumright:. How did I live without this thing? I easily dug 4 or 5 times the number of targets and if it wasn't for the improved efficiency I wouldn't have found this ring. The park, like most, is very trashy with old pull tabs everywhere. I know these pains in the butt TID the same as most gold rings, but it's still easy to get lazy and just ignore them; but now with the quick target location and pinpointing ability now I can pop 'em out like I'm using a magnet. Any way, I've read it a hundred times here, but I'll say it too, "dig all your targets".

Pile.jpg 14-k.jpg 14k-ring-artcarved.jpg

Upvote 3

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wellcome and good start. I wish you luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread