First post, first silver halfs found

boflexson

Jan 29, 2007
Green Bay, WI
Hello everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while. Love reading your stories.

I've found about $700 worth of halfs so far, And found a source to order me some boxes.

the first $400 was all duds. I was getting discouraged. Reading your stories about your skunks, and then hitting nice boxes really helped me to keep going. the last $300 netted 2 40% halfs, and two 200X proofs. Woot.

I think I'll call my source for boxes and have her order me 1 or 2 for this week.

Oh, and for dumping them, my normal bank (were I don't buy them from) has about 10 branches in town, all with coin cointers. So I've been dumping them there. no fees no hassles.

-Adam

Upvote 0

captain ahab

Jan 4, 2005
colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Congratualtions. I just started CRHing last fall myself so welcome and a warning... the addiction of reading everybody's posts can be as bad as CRHing or MDing!

-eric

OP
OP
B

boflexson

Jan 29, 2007
Green Bay, WI
Hit the jackpot today,

found a small bank with $180 worth of halfs in rolls. as she stacked them on the counter, I noticed the wrappers were plain brown, and some were just folder over on the ends.
I mentioned it, and the teller said they roll them there selves out of the coin sorter. Instead of turning them into to a dif company.

I asked, can I buy the bags when they fill up, the "lady in charge" of the coins said sure, and took my phone number.

I was excited all the way home, either I just found a great source, or a source that the "Lady" already went through.

Of the $180 worth, I found 4 40% and 1 90%.

I think i just hit pay dirt, if she actually calls me when the bag fills up again.
-Adam

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boflexson said:
I think i just hit pay dirt, if she actually calls me when the bag fills up again.
-Adam
Sounds like you need to follow up on that one. I would come back in a few weeks and see if you can find out how full the bag is. If it is more than half full ask the teller if you can deposit your halves untill it is full and then buy the whole bag.

OP
OP
B

boflexson

Jan 29, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I think I'm going to send her a thank you card for being so helpful. (with my # on it of course)
I think that will insure that she calls me when it's ready to be emptied.
It can't hurt anyway.

-Adam

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread