First post from Arizona. Silver rosie, 2 rings, pile of clad, old lipstick tube

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first post from relocating to Arizona for the winter. It is made up of a couple of hunts. I recovered a 1960d Rosie, a small gold filled ring with Cubic Zirconia, an old silver plated ring which I think dates back pretty far the way the style is, some cheap jewelry items, an old lipstick tube, and 154 clad coins totaling $10.15. The Rosie may not seem like much compared to back home, but silver is hard to come by here. Enjoy and happy hunting. Thanks for looking. IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0006.JPG

Upvote 13

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Haul! Love the gold ring, and of course the silver. Hi-Yo Silver! H Digs

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Art. Good finds are hard to come by in the area we are in. I should say old finds, because I have found a lot of rings and jewelry in the Salt River after the tubing expeditions are over
Congrats on some nice stuff

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of nice finds Johncoho, lovin the gold finger candy and also the old silver one, and yes I agree, it appears to have some age to it, a design I'm not familiar with. Also, the silver Gods have been stingy to a bunch of us lately so don't feel too bummed! Congrats on your nice finds...ddf

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always wanted to hit some spots on the Colorado river down by Ehrenberg.Both sides of the river always have weekenders hanging out there.The current is probably bad though you would need a buddy watching your back.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go for it. Just have a friend along. The Salt River here in the Tonto National Forest has a section that is used extensively in the summer for tubing and there is usually a lot of jewelry items lost. In the winter they slow the amount of water going into the river from the lake to a trickle and it makes it easier to get in the water with a pair of boots to hunt
I have always wanted to hit some spots on the Colorado river down by Ehrenberg.Both sides of the river always have weekenders hanging out there.The current is probably bad though you would need a buddy watching your back.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a nice day's finds. :icon_thumleft: You sure did pull your share of targets. Rosies are good to find anywhere. What was the temperature during the hunt? My last hunt started out at 34 degrees and ended up in the low 40's on Sunday. I am in VA visiting now and expect to hunt in the 60's tomorrow.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in AZ for a while I remember the digging was like concrete everywhere I did electrical conduit under ground needed a pick and water just to get started Great finds Thanks for the post!!!!!

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The temp has been pretty nice since we got here. It was in the high 70's for my hunt. Next week a cold front is coming in with highs in the high 50's and low 60's. You should be O.K. in Va. Loco.
Looks like a nice day's finds. :icon_thumleft: You sure did pull your share of targets. Rosies are good to find anywhere. What was the temperature during the hunt? My last hunt started out at 34 degrees and ended up in the low 40's on Sunday. I am in VA visiting now and expect to hunt in the 60's tomorrow.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the parks we hunt are watered with sprinkler systems and they are not too bad, but if they are not sprinkled it is like concrete. I always hope for some nice soaking rain in the winter here, but it doesn't happen very often.
I lived in AZ for a while I remember the digging was like concrete everywhere I did electrical conduit under ground needed a pick and water just to get started Great finds Thanks for the post!!!!!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding treasure wherever you go!! That's marvelous......
It's a nice group of finds from the Grand Canyon State, Johncoho.........looks like the soil there is more forgiving than our PA dirt.............

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your settling in nicely, Sweet saves!!

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes things come out of this dirt looking O.K. and others are not so good. We make the best of it Chizzy.
Finding treasure wherever you go!! That's marvelous......
It's a nice group of finds from the Grand Canyon State, Johncoho.........looks like the soil there is more forgiving than our PA dirt.............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread