First Post of the Year

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello: It's good to be back!

I've been digging for about the last month...when the weather cooperates here in Wisconsin. Found a few sporadic silver items here and there. Today I hit my favorite nearby community after scouting some old maps and realizing there was a street island I hadn't hit. After first striking out at a few other places, I finally got around to the island, and dug a hole that furnished 2 silvers: 1950GW and 1948d Rosie. I was stoked, but was running out of time and could only detect along the road perimeter. Needless to say I'll be heading back.

Also found a unique button at the site; bit corroded, and I can make out a few letters and what looks like a lion holding a sword, but can't ID. And earlier in the day elsewhere found a 1944 Mexican Cinco Centavos piece. Very peculiar.

Enjoy and HH to all.

island.jpg
DSC07153.JPG
DSC07158.JPG
DSC07156.JPG DSC07157.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 9

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it could be a German coin converted to a button. I find a lot of coins that say 'Land Munz' here in Germany and have found several coins converted into buttons.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to get out!!! I ran across an article about old logging camps in MN. I wonder if Wisconsin has some good ones. HH

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It pays to detect with other type of metal detectors in the same spot. I did that same place a year ago and found I do believe 8 silvers from that spot. Congrats on sniffing out what I missed.....

OP
OP
Alchemist

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It pays to detect with other type of metal detectors in the same spot. I did that same place a year ago and found I do believe 8 silvers from that spot. Congrats on sniffing out what I missed.....

Well done. Maybe I'll still nab another; went back today and tackled another chunk of the land...plunked out several wheaties, but nothing greater. So, we'll see.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And that's a huge house key too....good luck with your next hunt...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread