First Post

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT17000/Explorer XS/Exp SE Pro
Hello Fellas (Gals?)

I registered here about a week ago and have been lurking since. I don't argue worth a dime and did not see any sense in participating even though I am very interested in learning to dowse. It seems the moderator has had the, proverbial, 'last straw' laid upon his back so... perhaps Dowsing will be mentioned more often.

Having said that....

I am a prospector, treasure hunter and dreamer.... (not neccessarily in that order). I have only one exposure to a 'Dowser'. About six years ago I met a fella who had two mining claims. He was also a well driller by trade and had made a good living at it. Both water and gold were found by dowsing. I made an effort to get close enough to him to be invited to metal detect for gold on his claims. I keep what I find.

The claims are just above an old hydraulic site in SW Oregon. The gold is coarse and heavy with quartz inclisions. My biggest, so far, is 431 grains. The old boy who owns the claims doesn't metal detect. He has a back-hoe and trommel with long sluices. He thinks I'm doing it the hard way. His house is full of containers of gold that prove he is doing something right.

A couple years after we met we were sitting on his back porch yakking and the subject of 'Dowsing' came up....Understand that this old man is extremely onery with a point of view and an opinion that are rock-solid, when he isn't completely closed-mouthed. Read; Hard-headed and set in his ways. He is also good-hearted and has a sense of humor from Heaven. Anyway...He pulls out a huge nugget on a chain and hands it to me...wants to see if I 'have the power'. He gave instructions and let me try to find a jar of gold he had buried in the yard. Finally losing patience, he took back his 'pendulum' and let me know I was a loser and should stick to a detector.

I'm still using a detector. I have an XT17000 and an ExplorerXS, but...a couple weeks ago I bought a book; Modern Dowsing by Raymond C. Willey...Read the parts on pendulums about four times...then I made one. I took a new 22-250 case and ran a cord through the primer hole and epoxied it in place. After putting in a few small nuggets I seated a 'Triple Shock' 53 gr. X-Bullet. I told my wife what I was doing and asked her to think about being my helper for map dowsing. She was not real thrilled...Said it was un-Christianlike. I showed her, in the book, where Willey says 'there must be a need'. 'help people' and can't 'use it for greed'. What's more Christian than that? She calmed down a bit then.

So...I held the thing over my palm and steadied it. Then I asked, out loud, 'Is my name Bud?'. It started swinging to and fro. After about a minute I asked, 'Is my name Mary?'. Within ten seconds the thing had stopped dead. I again asked, 'Is my name Bud?'....It didn't just swing to and fro, it JUMPED and moved twice the distance, to and fro, as the first time. My wife was out of her chair and bellowing at me. I don't remember the exact terms she was using but suffice to say, the pendulum session was over for the night.... She has since calmed down and seems to have lost her fear of it (not sure I have) and I have been practicing a little each day. There is definitely something here. Maybe I do have 'the power'.

I'd appreciate any constructive input. Thanks.

BudP

J

JBlack

BudP said:
Hello Fellas (Gals?)

I registered here about a week ago and have been lurking since. I don't argue worth a dime and did not see any sense in participating even though I am very interested in learning to dowse. It seems the moderator has had the, proverbial, 'last straw' laid upon his back so... perhaps Dowsing will be mentioned more often.

Having said that....

I am a prospector, treasure hunter and dreamer.... (not neccessarily in that order). I have only one exposure to a 'Dowser'. About six years ago I met a fella who had two mining claims. He was also a well driller by trade and had made a good living at it. Both water and gold were found by dowsing. I made an effort to get close enough to him to be invited to metal detect for gold on his claims. I keep what I find.

The claims are just above an old hydraulic site in SW Oregon. The gold is coarse and heavy with quartz inclisions. My biggest, so far, is 431 grains. The old boy who owns the claims doesn't metal detect. He has a back-hoe and trommel with long sluices. He thinks I'm doing it the hard way. His house is full of containers of gold that prove he is doing something right.

A couple years after we met we were sitting on his back porch yakking and the subject of 'Dowsing' came up....Understand that this old man is extremely onery with a point of view and an opinion that are rock-solid, when he isn't completely closed-mouthed.? Read; Hard-headed and set in his ways. He is also good-hearted and has a sense of humor from Heaven. Anyway...He pulls out a huge nugget on a chain and hands it to me...wants to see if I 'have the power'. He gave instructions and let me try to find a jar of gold he had buried in the yard.? Finally losing patience, he took back his 'pendulum' and let me know I was a loser and should stick to a detector.

I'm still using a detector. I have an XT17000 and an ExplorerXS, but...a couple weeks ago I bought a book; Modern Dowsing by Raymond C. Willey...Read the parts on pendulums about four times...then I made one. I took a new 22-250 case and ran a cord through the primer hole and epoxied it in place. After putting in a few small nuggets I seated a 'Triple Shock' 53 gr. X-Bullet. I told my wife what I was doing and asked her to think about being my helper for map dowsing. She was not real thrilled...Said it was un-Christianlike. I showed her, in the book, where Willey says 'there must be a need'. 'help people' and can't 'use it for greed'. What's more Christian than that?? She calmed down a bit then.

So...I held the thing over my palm and steadied it. Then I asked, out loud, 'Is my name Bud?'. It started swinging to and fro. After about a minute I asked, 'Is my name Mary?'. Within ten seconds the thing had stopped dead. I again asked, 'Is my name Bud?'....It didn't just swing to and fro, it JUMPED and moved twice the distance, to and fro, as the first time. My wife was out of her chair and bellowing at me. I don't remember the exact terms she was using but suffice to say, the pendulum session was over for the night.... She has since calmed down and seems to have lost her fear of it (not sure I have) and I have been practicing a little each day. There is definitely something here.? Maybe I do have 'the power'.

I'd appreciate any constructive input. Thanks.

BudP

You've got a good start. The book you are learning from is somewhat dated, however, go to page 175 and read the text starting with "The simpler..." and follow on down until you get to the heading "Charts". This is some good info. On page 174, pay particular attention to the paragraph starting with.. "The use of...."

Good luck... ;D

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey BudP...Way to go...I enjoy hearing what others are doing. I have had no success with a Pendulem but I will keep trying. Who knows, you may say one word that makes a big diference to some other dowser.....Art

OP
OP
B

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT17000/Explorer XS/Exp SE Pro
Mr. Black and Mr Aarthrj,

Thank you for your input and support. I'll post again when/if I get positive results. I don't have a scientific bone in my body so I'm not going to analize this to death.

I have ordered two pendulums and a set of 'L' rods from a Canadian outlet. I spent last Friday cris-crossing my town, trying to find anyone and anything that was dowsing related. Things got really wierd and I met some some strange people, not one of whom could even spell dowsing. In one place I asked about 'pendulums' and was promptly given chapter and verse on 'pentagrams'. I think some of those people might have night jobs where there is a lot of howling involved. That, 'hard-headed' pal of mine is looking more and more like the real-deal. Too bad he died on me.

See you later.

Bud

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread