First rabid bat of the season

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like every few years someone gets bit by a rabid bat here in Billings, MontanA. Must be the hot weather. Usually kids plying in the Rimrock. I don’t see bats but after sunset I would throw a rock in the air and they dive bomb it.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like every few years someone gets bit by a rabid bat here in Billings, MontanA. Must be the hot weather. Usually kids plying in the Rimrock. I don’t see bats but after sunset I would throw a rock in the air and they dive bomb it.
Rabid bat? Was the critter collected and tested? Handling any bat is usually a bad idea - they have sharp teeth…! My wife is a bat researcher and she took a series of shots with booster over the years - she still used gloves…!!

Reactions: ARC

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do they catch the bat usually ?

Jul 22, 2023
Heard that old cougar bats are even more dangerous.

Gare, do what Brent Blackwelder says. But do you see anyone out here actually welding? Not that sure about rabies but Pertussis is highly contagious and transmissible, so yeah I mean Ivan Drach is a Ukrainian. Born in 1936. He would take no umbrage in me calling the Ukraine Donbass.
Funny how the news doesn't show any of the statues in the Ukraine. Don't blame it on Moroni. Blame it on the bats that are in Kathy Gifford's hair.
The Levees, uh they could be on that Kennedy-Rodino bill mentioned earlier using BATF. BATF I think is an word. It's doing it. And I am not sure what doing it means these days unless you are talking about a Shaman coming in through your doorway. There are councils for the unemployed, I mean blended into Kathy Gifford's hair worse than an blended wing body aircraft! And man, those are ugly (yeah Wi-Fi access in bathrooms are going to save the economy. I wrote it in one word, like Daymond John did with Godgiven. Blurp.)

What does Brian Fellows say about that? And fleas, they can get on bats. An oral cavity off of this plain of boring, a pretty that would look too normal.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gare, do what Brent Blackwelder says. But do you see anyone out here actually welding? Not that sure about rabies but Pertussis is highly contagious and transmissible, so yeah I mean Ivan Drach is a Ukrainian. Born in 1936. He would take no umbrage in me calling the Ukraine Donbass.
Funny how the news doesn't show any of the statues in the Ukraine. Don't blame it on Moroni. Blame it on the bats that are in Kathy Gifford's hair.
The Levees, uh they could be on that Kennedy-Rodino bill mentioned earlier using BATF. BATF I think is an word. It's doing it. And I am not sure what doing it means these days unless you are talking about a Shaman coming in through your doorway. There are councils for the unemployed, I mean blended into Kathy Gifford's hair worse than an blended wing body aircraft! And man, those are ugly (yeah Wi-Fi access in bathrooms are going to save the economy. I wrote it in one word, like Daymond John did with Godgiven. Blurp.)

What does Brian Fellows say about that? And fleas, they can get on bats. An oral cavity off of this plain of boring, a pretty that would look too normal.
Now that's bat crazy.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes they catch them.

Saw very disturbing YouTube video of rabid fox bites woman. Not going to post the link but if you got the guts watch it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread