Help threads for the newly addicted treasure hunter wannabe

RtistiklyBent

Jul 19, 2023
I will say I read the entire article on the trail markers and signs, and it was so fastenating I told my wife I'm now a hermit gold digger ;iving in the desert and I need to buy a donkey. That said any links to threads I missed for the topics below would be incredibly helpful.

1. Is there a thread for New-to-hunting, treasure hunters for a check list of tools and minimum equipment for going after Spanish treasure in the desert? Like 30 feet down doesn't seem like a pick axe and. pry-bar and, shovel would do. What about excavators and stuff outside metal detectors and a pick axe and shovel? Unless your going for sneak in and out.

2. And a thread for an idea of whats illegal for actually digging and, obtaining and, selling possible treasures? Common sense says no private land unless permission. But what about state or federal, bml land etc?

3. Thread for hints for safety while digging up the desert in area's that have a lot of illegals heading in from borders? Vehicle parking, guns. edit: I think I understand who sentinels are. They may or may not be a negative depiction of someone, and they may or may not be part of an organization. And maybe we all are sentinels. I'm not going to worry about who they are, or if anyone calls me one, because when it comes down to it, if your approached while out in the middle of nowhere, you may already be in trouble regardless if they're sentinels.

Thank you so much! Apologies if I missed these threads in my searches. I have the itch so bad. I've hunted these mountains my entire life (food hunting), and have seen thousands of markers. A friend and I followed Spanish trails marks until we can see they went miles across the Mexican border. Now I'm retired and have the hours and time needed to finally go back.

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll go way out on a limb and say that IMO there are no treasures purposely buried at a depth of 30 feet unless it's in a mine.
Another point: Do you intend to just wander in the desert searching for treasure or will you do the research to single out one or two treasures then go after them with a purpose?
Don in SoCal.

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
. And a thread for an idea of whats illegal for actually digging and, obtaining and, selling possible treasures? Common sense says no private land unless permission. But what about state or federal, bml land etc?
Varies by state. Mabey ask this in the thread that applies to you state.

3. Carry a gun.

OP
OP
R

RtistiklyBent

Jul 19, 2023
Thank you for reply's.

The 30' dig was mentioned only specifically in Spanish Kings demand (depending on worth) in the treasure to be buried down to that depth deep, in the thread guide for markers and symbols from sandy1. Very helpful. Also where I live there are thousands of markers I've seen over the years of fishing and hunting. I plan to follow up on actually searching for other markers and clues around these and, let it be part of my life's hobbies. If I find better clues, they will set a fire in my bones, and I will go after them with a purpose. Discovery, the emotions, maybe make a little money if needed.

And I'm looking into local laws for Arizona as we speak. To be clear i'm not interest in trying to break any laws. I have no arrest and want to keep it that way. But will pack a pistol simply because of all the drug runners and human trafficking in my area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RtistiklyBent

Jul 19, 2023
I see there are 2 clubs in my city. I love what I've learned on this site, and want to stay here for most of my inquires and info gathering. I like the no bs attitude of Sandy1. Just trying to help and filtering out all the miss-information.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread