First real day of hunting ( With Ring update )

Tarheel boys

Jan 14, 2008
Southeastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, White's Classic II
New to the board as well as new to the hunt. My boys received a White's Classic II for Christmas this year and I have been trying it out. Today was my first real day of detecting. Below is some pics of what was found. Nothing much but enough to keep us motivated!
The ring was found in the yard of a house in the local area. It was built in 1905 and I am sure it has never been searched. I was shocked as I sifted through and it popped up. It was fairly light in weight so I wasn't expecting much. After it was cleaned up, I could read the inside... 10k Gold Filled. I don't think the diamond is real. I will be returning it to the owner of the house (local who grew up there) and see if he remembers it.
The boys were not with me today because of school. No school on Friday this week so we will be out and about searching some sites.
The rest of my finds today were small change and a bullet. Not what you normally see posted here, but the boys and I were excited enough to post. Hope the pics turn out well.

Attachments

• P1140055.JPG
    P1140055.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 784
  • P1140059.JPG
    P1140059.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 783

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
Re: First real day of hunting

some excellent finds there got a feeling your going to be finding heaps. Next thing you know one of your finds will be on the banner.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

First of all.....
Welcome to T-Net and to our crazy hobby! WTG on that gorgeous ring! Let us know how the return turns out. Thanks for sharing your finds and good luck on all of your future hunts!

HH,
Moon

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to TNet and a ring is a great find....I'm usually proud to find a bubble gum machine ring...Yall started out way above average so keep at it..Waiting to see more posts.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

You found a 10K ring on your first real hunt that's great, it's a beauty. Congrats wtg. SO when are you getting your own machine? ;D. Good luck on the ring return keep us posted.
Glenn

carolinachief

Oct 31, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice start to a great hobby. Welcome from another Tarheel. What part of SE North Carolina you from?

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to TNet!

You're off to an excellent start with what you've found. You and your sons are in for
a great time. I'll bet by summer there'll be more than one metal detector in the house ;)

Good luck & happy hunting!
watercolor

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

you had a great first outing. n I think the ring stone is called a ( tiger's eye ) very popular back in the 70's
again, good job and have fun dirt fishin

OP
OP
Tarheel boys

Tarheel boys

Jan 14, 2008
Detector(s) used

Tarheel boys said:
New to the board as well as new to the hunt. My boys received a White's Classic II for Christmas this year and I have been trying it out. Today was my first real day of detecting. Below are some pics of what was found. Nothing much but enough to keep us motivated!
The ring was found in the yard of a house in the local area. It was built in 1905 and I am sure it has never been searched. I was shocked as I sifted through and it popped up. It was fairly light in weight so I wasn't expecting much. After it was cleaned up, I could read the inside... 10k Gold Filled. I don't think the diamond is real. I will be returning it to the owner of the house (local who grew up there) and see if he remembers it.
The boys were not with me today because of school. No school on Friday this week so we will be out and about searching some sites.
The rest of my finds today were small change and a bullet. Not what you normally see posted here, but the boys and I were excited enough to post. Hope the pics turn out well.

Thanks to everyone. Thanks to Sniffer for the ID. Friend at work agrees with you on the Tiger Eye.
Carolinachief.... we are from a small town just outside of Jacksonville. I work as a firefighter in Goldsboro.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good job Ming, in finding the Ring, it is nice to hear that kind of Ping, when you are swingin' that Thing, if you sell it you may hear 'Cha-ching', then you will say, "Boddabing"......work buddy, BP

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WELCOME FROM THE UK.

The ring as a gemstone called tiger eye in it. Should change with the light.

Happy Hunting

OP
OP
Tarheel boys

Tarheel boys

Jan 14, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ring update

Follow up to the Ring that I found on Monday. The house was built in 1905 and is now vacant but kept up. The ring was found in the front yard. Along the inside it states "10kGoldFilled". I turned the ring over to one of the children that grew up there... who is 76 years old now. He seemed to recall the ring and the more he looked at it, the more tickled he became. His sister was there and she thought it looked familiar and believed it was his at one time.
Your post have identified it as a Tiger Eye ring, more popular in the 70's. I found it about 6 inches down if I remember correctly.
This is my first week of detecting so I have been stoked!
Anyway, that is a cool feeling... returning a lost ring!!

Attachments

• P1140059.JPG
    P1140059.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 502
  • P1140059.JPG
    P1140059.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 512

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Ring update

You have certainly had a great week... congrats on finding and returning.... good things to come back to ya for that one

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congats on the ring.
Ed

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well done Mate, that has got to confirm you as, a true treasure hunter!

Cheers, Mike

T

TreasurdiggrNY

When you posted the find, I saw you were going to make an attempt at returning it. You did great WTG Tarheel boys, great job.
Glenn

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
An awesome day to remember for sure and a better feeling on the return....Great Job Guy's.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions