First ring and gold........ and returned!

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Last Monday I got a call from lady at my parents church. She had lost a ring last year and someone had told her that I could find it with my XLT. Well I was not doing anything so I headed right over. She led me to the spot in her garden where she was picking beans last year and told me she looked and looked and did not think she would ever find it. It was a gold diamond engagement ring that she had for many years on her finger.
I quickly briefed her on the capability's of the XLT then went right to work. Dug up a rusty screw, then got a penny signal.
Dug the hole then it dissapeared >:( but got a small ring signal next to it and there was something shining on the ground. It was just barely sticking out of the ground. BINGO! My first ring and gold ;D No sooner did I pick it up did I hand it over and she put it right back on, dirt and all. She was overjoyed and gave me some gas money and told me I could hunt the property when ever I wanted. I will return to find out what else is buried there soon. Heres some pics I finally got of it today.
DSC01151.JPG
DSC01150.JPG
First of many rings I hope to find. It sure is great to return them. HH,
Donny

Upvote 0

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Way to go! If only people in the political/governmental arena could hear stories like this......we wouldn't hear all of this "no you can't dig here" BS. Congrats. Believe it or not, your find is a feather in the MDng hat!
--Mel

borninok

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on such a good deed and a reward and a place to hunt!! Sweet!!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Way to go!
Returning lost items to owners is the best feeling in the world!

Congratulations!

Ridley

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Donny - Great deed. It's gotta make you feel good to be able to do that.

HH

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great story, I bet she talks about it at church and more people offer you places to hunt!

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Way cool !!!
It's great to help people out.
That's a story she'll tell people about for years to come.

Nice work! :) :)

Ima

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
Congrats and well done.

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
Feels good, don't it. ;) I think I had as big a smile on my face as the owners when I reurned the ring I found. WTG!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Great story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I am sure she will be forever grateful and many will hear of it.....you might have more MD areas than you can keep up with!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yes the dear old soul will "chat" to all her freinds about that "nice" young man---who found her ring---I predict that you will reap many more properties to hunt other than just hers from this good act ---see its a win / win thing ;D and at the very least you did a good thing and have a new spot to hunt to boot. Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread