High Etiquette 009

Nov 20, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter DISC 3300, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Ace 250, Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there.

I found this ring today in some strange soil. Thought it was a fake until I got it home and wiped it off only to reveal some potential diamonds and pretty intricate work and stone setting.

I'm pretty happy since this was my first ring ever!

Unfortunately, I can not find a stamp on it and the main stone was missing. It is tarnished pretty bad and missing some of the smaller stones.

20160417_183252.jpg

20160417_183414.jpg

Do jewelery stores buy scrap diamonds if this turns out to be a real ring? It weighs 5.3 grams.

Thanks for viewing

Upvote 5

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt they are real. They would most likely be set in gold or platinum. Besides that, i think it's an awesome ring! To bad its missing the big stone. Looks pretty old too. Congrats on your first ring. Nice find

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a plated brass ring to me. chances are the stones are just glass. to answer your question about someone purchasing the stones.... maybe if they are real, but they wouldn't give much of anything for them. wholesale price on accent stones is already next to nothing

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My big fear is finding a ring and the diamond is missing not saying yours is real or not but I would have taken the dirt around and under it and bring it home to sift for the diamond sounds funny even to me but if your diamonds are real that's what I would go back and do. Cool find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread