First Ring Ever....... Good 2 Day Hunt In A New Spot (Pic Heavy)

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found an old Grange Hall in my area and after some research got ahold of the new owner and secured the ok to do some detecting there . After 2 days hunting there I have to believe its never been worked before . A lot of clad , A Barber Dime and a Mercury dime,2 Indians so far. My first ring a .925 Diamond engagement ring and a old costume jewelry brooch with a bunch of stones(don't think they are real). A few tokens and a bunch other odds and ends . I have about 3 more days worth of swinging to get through all of the grounds for the first time . I actually got tired of digging today so I left a little earlier then I usually do . Hopefully some more silver will make an appearance but if not it sure is fun digging such an array of stuff. 101_0153.JPG101_0166.JPG101_0159.JPG101_0171.JPG101_0186.JPG101_0179.JPG101_0227.JPG

Upvote 11
Guess the engagement was called off, huh. ;)

Great finds!

a really nice variety, pretty cool

What a great day! :happy3: If I ever had one like that I'd still be out there, clawing in the dirt with my fingernails.

I'd like to see the floral costume brooch cleaned up - any makers mark on the back ? These in nice condition can fetch a few $$$
depending on the company .

Spectacular day of hunting. Congratulations on some beautiful finds.

Brooch didn't clean up to well . Its plated not .925 , some of the stones are missing and there are no marks that I can find. It will go in my box with all my other odd treasures . Its amazing how much odds and ends I have found in the last 4 months.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back