First Ring - Which is also my first silver!

TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro Outlaw, BH Tracker IV, HF MD6008
Ex: White's Coinmaster Pro, BH Discovery 3300, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up digging at two sites today (Saturday the 23rd) with my dad, both of which were schools. I switched back to my standard 8 1/4" MD coil as it seems to get an average of 2" deeper on air testing versus my 4" Gold Nugget coil.

I did a lot of digging today, most of which was at one site which was under some bleachers. I figure I'll do this in the style of the old Clint Eastwood movie , "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly".

So I'll start off with The Bad...

1finds-6-23-12.jpg

My overwhelming pile of metal trash/junk I dug today. Various pieces of canslaw, lots of foil, bolts, washers, metal scrap, 25 pull tabs, and other metal pieces.

Next is The Ugly...

2finds-6-23-12.jpg

I found $1.63 in clad - 8 Pennies, 2 Nickles, 7 Dimes, and 3 Quarters - my new clad record. Some of the interesting objects I found was a butane lighter, Levi Strauss Co. SF Cal button, Mattel Hot Wheels car bottom stamped 1987, .32 Cal S&W handgun shell (why it was at a school I'll never know..), small paint brush without handle, various other items, and two that lead to The Good...

3finds-6-23-12.jpg

A close-up of the silver ring I found at one site, and the "Mom" jewelry under the bleachers. The "Mom" piece looked good until I cleaned it with a small brush and most of the "gold" disappeared.

The silver ring has no stones as it is flattened/smashed and has no noticeable markings. It did however clean up easily, is silver, very interested design, and is my first ring and first silver ever MDing. :D

I checked the area/dirt I found the ring at and found no stone(s). I even widened the hole and still no luck. It was close to the parking lot, so it is hard to say what happened to the stone - but it appears it was flattened by a car/truck.

Hopefully my next jewelry finds will amount to a piece that hasn't been destroyed. :occasion14:

Upvote 1

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, i wish you luck next hunt.

OP
OP
TCosbyJr

TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro Outlaw, BH Tracker IV, HF MD6008
Ex: White's Coinmaster Pro, BH Discovery 3300, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone. I found out my wife is like most others in the hobby - any ring that fits her finger she thinks she has rights to it :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread