doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like the Deleon hits good on depth on fine kids jewelry. I read this somewhere else before great find, how did you signal come in at 6" weak, moderate good or a strong pitch noise to the ear. Wonder how it would hit if it were gold?

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's really great. Keep going as you are and you will start finding gold rings with it. That is ok if you think the ring is not worth a 9 volt because you're using 8 AA's instead ! To ring up that high I am thinking the ring has to be silver. Look for a 925 stamp inside the band.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll try to figure out how to post a pic.

Yep, it is sterling silver, with 3 numbers inside. With my eyes I can only make out a 5. But by golly, it is my first silver of any kind. Took me around 55 days into my MD career.

Next a silver coin or gold.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like the Deleon hits good on depth on fine kids jewelry. I read this somewhere else before great find, how did you signal come in at 6" weak, moderate good or a strong pitch noise to the ear. Wonder how it would hit if it were gold?
The signal was kind of moderate, as I recall. I thought for sure I would find a dime or quarter, or a penny. It never bounced off to the left of zink. Never. But I never thought ring.

Tonight I did some air tests with the ring I found, and it's got me thinking, which can be dangerous for me.
The air test was spot on zink, as in zink penny. Nothing else, just zink. As you will recall, I stated that the ID kept bouncing back and forth between zink and silver coin, as in quarter. Now I'm thinking perhaps there was a coin in the same hole or within inches of the ring. In my excitement over finding the ring, I swear I don't believe I rechecked the hole, which I usually do. Surface and in the hole. Hmm.

Last edited:

bibelot

Apr 23, 2016
Avoca,NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver sabre II, XP Deus, Makro racer, Aka Berkut 5, Aka Signum MFT, Makro red racer, Makro Racer 2,Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Multi Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The signal was kind of moderate, as I recall. I thought for sure I would find a dime or quarter, or a penny. It never bounced off to the left of zink. Never. But I never thought ring.

Tonight I did some air tests with the ring I found, and it's got me thinking, which can be dangerous for me.
The air test was spot on zink, as in zink penny. Nothing else, just zink. As you will recall, I stated that the ID kept bouncing back and forth between zink and silver coin, as in quarter. Now I'm thinking perhaps there was a coin in the same hole or within inches of the ring. In my excitement over finding the ring, I swear I don't believe I rechecked the hole, which I usually do. Surface and in the hole. Hmm.

It sounds like you missed a silver clad near the ring. It's part of learning. Next time it can be a silver ring or a gold ring, you never know until you dig it. Now you know to recheck before you leave. Even a coin, search the area around it thoroughly, often there are more coins scattered nearby.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first ring Vern great work, and gold is on the way.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys. Learning everytime I go out.
Grandson and I are heading out to an even older city park, this morning. Nice to be retired for a hobby like this one.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
comgratulations!

Yep, it is sterling silver, with 3 numbers inside. With my eyes I can only make out a 5. But by golly, it is my first silver of any kind. Took me around 55 days into my MD career.

Next a silver coin or gold.

Vern, the silver rings will usually be stamped 925 or sometimes S925. Stands for 92.5% silver.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vern, the silver rings will usually be stamped 925 or sometimes S925. Stands for 92.5% silver.

Thank you, pinenut. I need a better magnifying glass, not the cheapo I am using.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Congrats! May many more gold and silver rings come your way!

tabman

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Congrats! May many more gold and silver rings come your way!

tabman

Thank you, Tabman. I believe I have a very solid machine, a Deleon, to fine these treasures. I just gotta put the coil over the stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions