cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rings are always fun to find! :occasion14: Even if they won't sell for $5 at a flea market!

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah not worth much but it was cool to finally find something other than coins!

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats....I remember my first ring. Gets your heart pumping just a little.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like finding the Tungsten Carbide men's rings. They ring up so nice and solid on the Ace350 (I've got one as well). It's kind of a "HUH?" moment, when you swing across them. They're definitely a solid signal. I started to collect the men's rings (for a while, I was selling/giving them away), and now I have a nice selection that I've started to match with my mood of the day. They're so inexpensive to replace, I've never found a single person call back on them when I post them on Craigslist. I just think if someone loses one (and the titanium rings), they simply drop $20 to replace it.

Skippy

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rings are always great finds. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like finding the Tungsten Carbide men's rings. They ring up so nice and solid on the Ace350 (I've got one as well). It's kind of a "HUH?" moment, when you swing across them. They're definitely a solid signal. I started to collect the men's rings (for a while, I was selling/giving them away), and now I have a nice selection that I've started to match with my mood of the day. They're so inexpensive to replace, I've never found a single person call back on them when I post them on Craigslist. I just think if someone loses one (and the titanium rings), they simply drop $20 to replace it.

Skippy

Right that's what I was thinking when I listed it. I haven't gotten a response. Funny you mentioned how it rang up, it rang under pull tab but it was going nuts, almost like there was more than one target, but NOT jumping around on the scale.. you know how it sounds when you hit a shallow quarter, sounds like 5 quarters and is kinda hard to pinpoint. So i got this mid tone that was going nuts. I knew I had something other than trash, but I thought it would be a nickel.

Is this also how a gold ring comes up? By that I mean a very solid mid tone (could be anywhere) that doesn't jump around?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Skippy
Not always, especially if it's a wedding ring. I've received some very nice rewards from people for returning virtually worthless (to anyone else) rings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread