First ring.

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
Headed out early this morning for the beach. On the drive out it started to look like we were going to get one of morning thunderstorms so I darted into one of the "locals" beach accesses a few miles short of the main tourist beaches I usually go to.

Right away I was glad to see that the county had removed some no trespassing signs that a homeowner had slapped up on his own and replaced them with "dogs not allowed on beach" signs. This stretch of beach had always been public and evidently the home owner and the county had come to a compromise. The home owner must have stepped in some dog dirt and took it upon himself to make this beach off limits. Sadly a common occurrence around here. I have no idea how these people think it is alright to post no trespassing signs on public property but they do it anyway.

At any rate the coins started coming quickly (stopped counting at 50). After all this coin digging I wasn't really thinking anything but when I found my first ring. Looks like it had been there for awhile. I suspect silver?????? Needs some cleaning to make out the stamp better but it looks like ?25. I am hoping to make out a 925 after it gets clean up a bit.

Its only been a month or so but I really was starting to believe I wouldn't find anything but coins with the Ace 250

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 288
Upvote 0

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I just might have to vacation at the seashore this fall - you guys get so much there!

I hope you show us what the "after cleanup" looks like!

HH
Nan

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Nice concept on the ring, can't say anything on the metal content.

HH

OP
OP
M

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
Well been soaking it in vinegar salt solution (hopefully that's OK) and blasting it with a water pick every few hours.

It appears the stamp on the inside is just 25. Have no idea what that indicates. No other markings on inside of ring seem to be present.

OP
OP
M

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
Got it clean enough to identify the "concept" that ant spoke of.

Hopefully I will put this delicately enough for the forums rules. Its of a couple with the man performing a chore for his wife shall we say.....south of the border. Ring is upside down in pic. Shouldn't take much imagination to make it out from the pic above of the uncleaned ring.

A ring that the cleaner it gets the dirtier it gets. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread