first ring!

keithinvestigations

Mar 21, 2007
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LE
Bought a White's DFX a few weeks ago. Previously had a Minelab Explorer but I really never felt comfortable with it. I owned a White's before I bought the Minelab so I decided to go back. Today, which is about the third time out with my shiney new DFX, I was pulling clad here and there and got a signal that I almost didn't dig as I felt like it was trash. As I dug about 3" I pulled out a 1966 class ring! The initials are in the ring and I checked classmates.com but he isn't listed. My father and uncle both graduated from this school right around this time so they are searching through annuals to see if we can get a name. If he is still around, I plan on meeting him at our local newspaper to give some good publicity to our sport. I may accidentally mention that a while back I was thrown off city property just to get a stab in to the bureaucrats, hehe.

12/27/07 UPDATE: I just found the owner and he is going to meet me at our local newspaper for a story on the find. Will post more after it happens.

Attachments

• DSC00850.JPG
    DSC00850.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 552
  • DSC00849.JPG
    DSC00849.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 559
  • DSC00846.JPG
    DSC00846.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 559
Upvote 0

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
Thats purty!!! I r u gonna try and track down the owner? i bet theyd be stoked to here it was found.

jayallday14

Jul 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Excal 1000
Nice!!!!!! I need to hit the high schools around here.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ring! What a thrill. That's prime years to be sent to Vietnam .Hope the guy is still around ,that would be a grand return.

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A first ring and what a great one it is! Nothing like seeing that gold come out of the ground is it? Big pat on the back brother!

KFB

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Still looking for my first class ring. Hate to say it though, I love my Minelab!!!

But you cannot argue with results like you have.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith, that's a great-looking ring, I would have hated to lose it also. . . good luck in your quest for the owner! (I like the part about the bureaucrats)

Take care!
watercolor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread