First road trip

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Long story but was comical- I will try to be to the point.
My grandmother had a hair appt today in a small town about 30 miles away (where she lived her whole life before moving to the big city). Anyways noone was free to take her not even me- but the thought occured to me last night that I need to visit that bank out there and relieve them of their "silver" halves haha. Anyways I got freed up to go, ran by the dump bank and unloaded everything I had sos I would have lots of cash. Now grams hair appt is about a 3 hour ordeal so I hope to god they have lots of halves out there.
Cut to the bank- I go in told the teller I was looking for half dollars, she didn't have any but the next teller over did and she would be back in a minute. So while I waited another teller came over to try to help me but when she asked me how many halves I wanted and I told her "all ya got" she said we better wait for Kim. As she walked away she said "What if we got $500?", I said "great the more the better". Kim comes and goes to the open vault (very small town), she sticks her head out and says "Sir, we have $890. Do you want them all?" Yep I want them all. 1 full loomis box, 17 home rolls & 22 Loomis rolls in another box. I said how about the ones in your tray? You still want those? haha $10 or 12 more there. I paid and was almost ready to leave and the second lady came out with another handful she had raided from the coin counter- out comes the wallet again. I don't know the exact total I left with but was about $910-920. I took 3 Ikes of their hands too since they were so nice and really didn't want them. Kim said "Thank you very much" when I left. I was to busy droolin over them home rolls to be thinking clearly so it didn't occur to me to ask how they wound up with a whole box (sealed)- I don't think they just keep one around as they were just too happy to get rid of them all. Someone must have ordered it and never picked it up. I will definately be taking grams to her hair appts from now on, every 3 months. So instead of haveing 3 hours of boredom- I had a ball.
Total tally- (4)'64's, a '65, (4) '67's, and (4) '68's. Lucky 13 haha.
BTW this has turned into a pretty good saving plan for me, don't want to waste $$$ or I won't have enough for halves haha. Now I have to dump again before I can pick up ordered two boxes on Monday- we may have created a monster here haha.
Pics in 2 minutes. HH Mark

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Re: First road trip/ pics

Here's the days "take". Mark
DSCN0860.jpg

DSCN0859.jpg

DSCN0856.jpg

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
awhitster said:
WTG, road trips are fun. Wait till you hit a whole roll of silver, it don't get no betta.
Thas why I was so excited about the home rolls- small town, economically challenged, old population... alas there was only (5) 40%ers in the home rolls but the potential was there. Mark

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Best part is Gramma lived out there her whole life and worked at the school for 30 years so even people my age all know her. Before next trip we will call to see ifn they have any and if they don't I'll order a box sos I have some fun during the 3 hour hair appt haha. HH Mark

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ME_CO said:
Here's a pic for LJ haha. Mark
DSCN0863_edited.jpg

Thanks Mark. I like that. Although your stack is much straighter/neater than mine. I'll get that corrected on my next stack....your going to make me work at now...lol.

Good job on the silver. Sounds like you might have something going there. Good luck on your next trip.

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I'll trade ya LJ- your stack was bigger haha. Does anybody have that site bookmarked where the guy stacks them pennies into bridges and towers and such? Might be interesting to play at since I'm out of sortin materials. Mark

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember, no good deed goes unpunished.

Just kidding, of course. That was really nice of you and I'm glad that it paid off. Congrats.

HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread