First roll hunt

Joebunaga

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2023
Austin, TX
After finding this forum I did alot of reading, but didn't have time to do anything cool. Then, vacation, then, frantic work and finally some breathing room.
I managed to get an order in Monday for a box of half dollars and picked them up today.
4x Walkers
1x Benjamin
2x 1964 Kennedy's
16x 1965-1969 Kennedy's
Not too shabbo! Definitely better than I expected, so I'll be looking forward to another box next week.
4.26.23.jpg

Upvote 10

blueberra

Oct 15, 2009
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After finding this forum I did alot of reading, but didn't have time to do anything cool. Then, vacation, then, frantic work and finally some breathing room.
I managed to get an order in Monday for a box of half dollars and picked them up today.
4x Walkers
1x Benjamin
2x 1964 Kennedy's
16x 1965-1969 Kennedy's
Not too shabbo! Definitely better than I expected, so I'll be looking forward to another box next week. View attachment 2080775
That's a great box, but in 2023, that's a phenomenal box.
Congratulations

OP
OP
J

Joebunaga

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2023
Austin, TX
I pulled a 64 from the first roll I opened, which was completely unexpected. Then a few more rolls in my wife found one of the Walkers. She proceeded to stack up some .40 Kennedy's while I was getting nothing. Then I spotted another Walker in an end roll... it was a LOT of fun. Plus, nice to get the wife into something we can both enjoy.
@xr7ator I have to order rolls, and Tuesday is the day... otherwise I'd be backing up my truck. Looking forward to seeing what the next box brings.

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
4x Walkers
1x Benjamin
2x 1964 Kennedy's
16x 1965-1969 Kennedy's
Not too shabbo! Definitely better than I expected, so I'll be looking forward to another box next week. View attachment 2080775
So you went to a bank and asked for a roll of half dollars or dollars?

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
My Credit Union branch will order anything I want. They do not, however, always receive special orders from their cash management company, in this case, Brinks.

Because I am a member of over 40 years, and my wife and I each have a substantial amount of cash sitting with them, they tend to be more willing to listen to somewhat unusual requests.

OP
OP
J

Joebunaga

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2023
Austin, TX
I went in looking for rolls or loose(they didn't have any) so I asked if I could order box. Pretty easy. Then I went back asked them to order more and to put me on an auto reorder.
Some of this learned from here:
@galenrog I use a credit union too, and they seem more inclined to be helpful although Chase bank seemed pretty reasonable too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread