First Run (Actually Fourth) On My Bluebowl

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Tried my blue bowl (first time) tonight. This would be my fourth run on my cons this year from the North Saskatchewan River. All my finds were classified to
30 mesh prior to:

2 x micro sluice runs

1 x miller table run
Then I classified the cons again, down to 80 mesh. This went into the bluebowl. I was amazed at how much real fine, micro gold was still left behind! I still have a small panfull of 80 mesh cons to run through the
bluebowl. A person could get pretty anal trying to get it all. Check it out!

blue1.jpg

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tried my blue bowl (first time) tonight. This would be my fourth run on my cons this year from the North Saskatchewan River. All my finds were classified to
30 mesh prior to:

2 x micro sluice runs

1 x miller table run
Then I classified the cons again, down to 80 mesh. This went into the bluebowl. I was amazed at how much real fine, micro gold was still left behind! I still have a small panfull of 80 mesh cons to run through the
bluebowl. A person could get pretty anal trying to get it all. Check it out!

View attachment 1791745

To me results like that lend reason to classify to batches below 30 mesh before running on miller table. You can test that by running your remaining minus 80 mesh on the table then the blue bowl.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread