First Scout Slide

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scoutslide1.jpg scoutslide2.jpg ----------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

Spent a couple hours at an old forest campsite today.
Second time Ive hunted there. Absolutely riddled with trash.
Took my Tesoro Mojave and kept the discrimination between tabs and zinc for most of it. There is so much foil and melted aluminum that its hard to go 6 inches without a signal. Ive been doing a small portion each trip with discrimination set at foil so one day ill get it cleaned up and find some nickels and maybe gold.
Managed a few more 65 quarters and early 60s pennies. Ive dug 12 or so 65 dimes and quarters there and 2 Wheaties on a previous trip but no silver yet.
The highlight today was my first scout slide. Thanks for looking.

Noah

Upvote 10

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Noah !!!! hang in there , the more junk you take out the better your chance to find some silver. It will come !

OP
OP
Electricfrontporch

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should have posted a trash pic too. I leave when my bags full.
Lots and lots and lots o trash.

Noah

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am one of those idiots that digs everything. I keep Disc as low as possible and have always been afraid of missing something. My front yard is 16' x 30' and i have about 40 hours invested in it. The house was built in 1900 and the people that lived here for the last 40 years were PIGS. The front yard was so bad i ended up digging everything with the ace , going back over with the GTI 2500 , and then i went over it again with the safari PI... i dug every signal out except for the water and gas pipe. Then i started the back... a super nightmare. But so far i am only less than 5% done with the back yard which was a giant flower bed for 20+ years. so far i am over 15 rings , but only 1 gold and 2 silver... the rest are kids stuff. If i had not been cleaning everything out as i went i might have found only 2 of those rings, so persistence pays off. but i am sick of the can slaw , spark plugs , nails , and everything else. I don't think they understood the concept of a garbage can.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt
The slide is cool

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was at a boy scout camp that has been hammered hard over the years last spring. I was digging foil signals hoping to get a buffalo nickel. I was VERY surprised when I got a foil signal, dug and pulled out a plug. Right at the bottom of the hole there was a walker. Underneath the walker there was a flattened out piece of foil.

It pays to dig those signals.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya dont dig the bling ya wont find the ring!!! Dont dig the trash ya wont get the cash!!!

IndianaBonesMD

Mar 12, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice slide. Gotta get that trash out,
the silver will start whispering to ya.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
A Boy scout woggle as your first so that is cool!
I hunt parks and so far have several dozen of the lower ranks, Weblos and Cub scouts of every color kind and flavor but only one or two of the Boy Scout types.
The younger kids lose them all the time but even though the older ones lose them they seem to be able to hang onto them better.

Still at almost the top of my bucket list is a silver scout ring...you have a shot at one of those in your site so go find one.

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice heavy slide.
I was a scout in the early 60's.
I hate to say ut, but a lot of scouts would bury whatever couldn't be burned.
Keep at it,, there's some silver at that site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread