First Sears Charge Plate?

plumbcrazy

Sep 2, 2013
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in my house when I bought it. Not sure what to make of it but thought one of you might have an idea.

IMG_0729.JPG

Upvote 3

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Nice find plumbcrazy - haven't been able to find anything on it yet. I am sure a member will pipe in shortly.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried looking up the logo to determine an approximate age but didn't have much luck. I believe that particular logo probably dates from about 1946 to 1954, although that is just a guess on my part based on the style of lettering. Early form of store credit card no doubt, to be used in a manual imprint machine. I think it's a cool find.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was born in 1953 and when I was young my mother had the exact plate for sears

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find!

OP
OP
P

plumbcrazy

Sep 2, 2013
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was curious about the No. 1 stamped on it. Wondering if it was the first account at that store or his first charge plate.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello plumb,

I assumed the "NO1" to be part of his address. Is the entire card metal? Please show the back. I think this would be 1958 to maybe 1960. It's a 30 day card, not a revolver. This is early credit card history in your hand. The history of credit cards.

sears.jpg

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
when i first saw it i thought it might be the i.d. tag for the house, some of those old mail order houses are collectible, and easy to take down and erect elswhere because all the parts are numbered

OP
OP
P

plumbcrazy

Sep 2, 2013
South Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a picture of the back for you. It is all aluminum and the No. 1 is not part of the address or a house ID plate as the house is brick and not a kit house. I also found a couple of other things that may interest you guys. 4 early magazines and a bag of wheat pennies which include about 10 iron wheat pennies. The pennies are currently in a water jug full of other coins and I do not feel like digging them out right now. If anyone is interested in those I can get them out later and post pics.

IMG_0744 (2).jpg IMG_0745 (2).jpg IMG_0747 (2).jpg IMG_0748 (2).jpg IMG_0749 (2).jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions