first season with my minelab excalibur 2

diggindeep

Oct 4, 2006
well the end of the water setecting has amost come so i figured i should post a pic of all my booty together. i have been land detecting for 3 years with a whites xlt but this was the first year i tried the water. based on some of the old coins i found and the numbers i dont think this lake was ever hit what are your thoughts? also the water in this lake must be pretty acidic because any silver articles were severely encrusted with a hard corrosion like coating. the coins look like oreos when dug and this is fresh water! anyone have any experience with that? the silverish ring with the gold rings is platinum also. anyway i included some pics also so enjoy. ps i seem to have lost a gold ring somewhere so it isnt included....... enjoy also the last pic is a chunk of native copper i sometimes find and the other seems to be a specimen with copper in matrix someone threw into the water. also the silverware is silver.

Attachments

• Picture 109.jpg
    Picture 109.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 580
  • Picture 110.jpg
    Picture 110.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Picture 111.jpg
    Picture 111.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 214
  • Picture 112.jpg
    Picture 112.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Picture 109.jpg
    Picture 109.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 216
  • Picture 110.jpg
    Picture 110.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Picture 111.jpg
    Picture 111.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 209
  • Picture 112.jpg
    Picture 112.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 261

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Impressive finds, D.D.
Water hunting is truly a gas...aint it!

OP
OP
D

diggindeep

Oct 4, 2006
yes it is!! i love it when the ground is too dry i can hit the water. :thumbsup: the owner of pro stock detectors really set me up i am grateful for the tips.

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet stuff Diggindeep.

Have not heard of native copper before, but it looks real cool.

Good luck,
HH.

OP
OP
D

diggindeep

Oct 4, 2006
i have found 4 pieces of copper in west michigan....i dont know if it was glacial action or indian drops but they come from the upper peninsula and are common there.......think of a gold nugget but copper. :thumbsup: oh and all the pennies in the pile are wheats i didnt include clad in the pic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions