Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pastor Bob and I hit some small town parks and I scored this very worn seated dime using the 15" coil. First seated coin this year! Also pulled a barber quarter from another pounded park which was a surprise. Check out the video below to see live reveal and live digs. Thanks for looking! HH!

20190806_083816.jpg 20190806_111918.jpg

Upvote 37

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! My first Barber quarter was an 1898, which was interesting...bcoz I had dug enough clad quarters to purchase my first Pro Pointer and was slobbering for my first silver one. Note that I'd spent my first hunting season in parks, schools etc learning my machine so not much chance for older silver. Got the opportunity to hunt an 1850's house on my road, and got a scratchy, jumpy signal. 6" down I pulled my first, a 1939 Washington. Filled in my hole and raced home to show the wife...missing, gone! Tore the car apart-nowhere. Went back to the old house, fired the rig up and swung the plug, idk, maybe I dropped it back in the hole. Now..to my surprise, I have a clear 90, 91. So, 1-WHY did I put that Washington back in the hole and 2- why is it now ringing up high and clear!? On my knees, something shiny catches my eye..it's the '39 Washington!, 2 feet from the hole. Ok, so I remove prior dug plug, shove my pinpointer in, and remove an 1898 Barber quarter. Talk about 1sts, 1st silver quarter, 1st silver quarter spill, 1st Barber, 1st sub 1900 coin...whew! Lol sorry detectorben, not trying to hijack the thread, but that close-up of your '98 Barber took me immediately back...congrats, it's a beautiful coin, Ddf.

Last edited:
OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! My first Barber quarter was an 1898, which was interesting...bcoz I had dug enough clad quarters to purchase my first Pro Pointer and was slobbering for my first silver one. Note that I'd spent my first hunting season in parks, schools etc learning my machine so not much chance for older silver. Got the opportunity to hunt an 1850's house on my road, and got a scratchy, jumpy signal. 6" down I pulled my first, a 1939 Washington. Filled in my hole and raced home to show the wife...missing, gone! Tore the car apart-nowhere. Went back to the old house, fired the rig up and swung the plug, idk, maybe I dropped it back in the hole. Now..to my surprise, I have a clear 90, 91. So, 1-WHY did I put that Washington back in the hole and 2- why is it now ringing up high and clear!? On my knees, something shiny catches my eye..it's the '39 Washington!, 2 feet from the hole. Ok, so I remove prior dug plug, shove my pinpointer in, and remove an 1898 Barber quarter. Talk about 1sts, 1st silver quarter, 1st silver quarter spill, 1st Barber, 1st sub 1900 coin...whew! Lol sorry detectorben, not trying to hijack the thread, but that close-up of your '98 Barber took me immediately back...congrats, it's a beautiful coin, Ddf.
Haha no problem I like the story. That is a good reminder to always recheck the hole. Thanks for looking and GL!

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the seated and barber. Two super nice finds. GL out there.

OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the seated and barber. Two super nice finds. GL out there.
Thanks! GL to you!
Looks like you had a great day! It sure would be fun to hunt those old farms!
Thanks! These were just city parks but there are some beautiful old farm houses I would love to hunt in the area as well.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go on the old silver.....Congrats

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The famous barber quarter has eluded me for 3 1/2 years. I have the dime I have the half and I cannot find a quarter. Congratulations on my white whale. Here’s my half I where around my neck. IMG_0881.jpg IMG_0877.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The famous barber quarter has eluded me for 3 1/2 years. I have the dime I have the half and I cannot find a quarter. Congratulations on my white whale. Here’s my half I where around my neck. View attachment 1741481 View attachment 1741482
Haha thanks! This is my 3rd barber quarter this year! I found my first after years of hunting back in june and that seemed to open the door for more barber quarters. It is funny how that works. I'm sure you will find one soon and then more will come. Good luck on your quest! Nice barber half by the way! One of my favorite coins.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice old coin finds! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great coin very hard to find for me anyway. I found my first it was 1/2 inch down on a steep hill. The last silver quarter I found I had in my hand when I felt all these bee stings I stepped on a nest in the ground. When a bee sings you it leaves a scent for other bees to rip into you. I ran with all my gear like Forest Gump on steroids I set a record for the 200 yard dash well they did too cause they were right there with me still I did lose the quarter and about 2 lbs lol Congrats thanks for sharing your finds. Tommy

OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!!
Nice old coin finds! :occasion14:
Thanks!!
Thats a great coin very hard to find for me anyway. I found my first it was 1/2 inch down on a steep hill. The last silver quarter I found I had in my hand when I felt all these bee stings I stepped on a nest in the ground. When a bee sings you it leaves a scent for other bees to rip into you. I ran with all my gear like Forest Gump on steroids I set a record for the 200 yard dash well they did too cause they were right there with me still I did lose the quarter and about 2 lbs lol Congrats thanks for sharing your finds. Tommy
Lol yikes that sounds like a bad day for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread