First signal of 2014 was Gold

dirtfishingdave

May 2, 2012
Pittsburgh,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx3030,Fisher f75, Whites DFX with Sunray probe, Fisher gold bug 2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche hand shovel, Raven from Predator tools. Detectors I used to use: Minelab explorer se, Fisher f
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all,

We have had the coldest winter I can remember here in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I was finally able to go out and dig since last December. The ground has been frozen solid this winter. I was using my Minelab Ctx3030, and I got a 12-06 signal at 6 inches, and a 12-35 signal right next to it. I am digging in a wide open screen, no discrimination. Usually I may skip those lower numbers, but since I was hunting the woods behind a local park, I was hoping for something good. First I dug the 12-06 and I couldn't believe my eyes. Gold shinning back at me.

ForumRunner_20140326_105016.png

ForumRunner_20140326_105036.png

Wow! I can't believe it. Usually that low signal is foil. But this time I wasn't foiled. It weighs just over 31 grains. The 12-35 turned out to be keys, a bunch of them. I didn't take a picture of the keys, there wasn't anything special about them. After digging the charm I dug every time my detector made a sound within a 10 foot square area. I was hoping to find a possible gold chain. But no luck, maybe there isn't a chain or maybe I need to expand my search area. Anyway just wanted to say dig all those signals you never know what is in the next hole until you dig it up! Good luck to everyone and I hope everyone has the best year ever!!

Upvote 10

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great start to the year! Congrats on your gold pendant! Hopefully you come across the chain too. G L. HH!

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
killer find!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread