First silver coin

grob211

Jul 18, 2007
Flemington,NJ
Detector(s) used
White Prism V
I found a 1841 seated liberty o dime today and you can see all the details on both sides and then right after that I found a sterling silver bracelet on the property next to my back yard along with 12 cents in clad form the 1970"s and lot of trash good day only been doing this a month with a prism V figure in 10 years I will have it paid off :) I tried to take a picture of it to post but I only have a 2.5 pix camera and everytime I tried to shoot it the flash whitened it all out scanning did not work it is to small to enlarge will try to figure out something

Upvote 0

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
grob211 said:
I found a 1841 seated liberty o dime today and you can see all the details on both sides and then right after that I found a sterling silver bracelet on the property next to my back yard along with 12 cents in clad form the 1970"s and lot of trash good day only been doing this a month with a prism V figure in 10 years I will have it paid off :) I tried to take a picture of it to post but I only have a 2.5 pix camera and everytime I tried to shoot it the flash whitened it all out scanning did not work it is to small to enlarge will try to figure out something

Honestly figure something out...can you turn the flash off and just turn on light...would like to see...

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find, It took me forever to learn how to get pics up and resize them. I use the scanner ,it works pretty good.

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver, and a nice one at that. Try shutting the flash off and if that won;t focus, try putting a magnifying glass against the lense and see if you can get a focused one that way.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
a BIG congrads to you !!!! my first silver was a beat to snot merc dime .... all the best on the return trip !! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
That's a great first silver piece. Congrats. Keep at it.
Bob

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
South Jersey Don said:
Real Nice, waiting to see the pics....
Congrats on the 1841 O seated dime grob211. South Jersey Don. I like your avatar picture. Looks very familiar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread