First silver dime by Mding

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
Went to an area where on older house had been torn down and hit what had been the car park right at dusk. Was sprinkling rain, but nice and cool.
Have pulled a few pennies(no wheats) from the that site in the last couple days. The ground is nice and wet from several days of Florida rains.

After about 3mins of hunting over an area I had hit before, the detector made some nice dime clangs. Dug down about 3 inches and used the pin pointer and out popped a 1943 Merc. Not a really big deal, but was the first silver dime for me.

Have found 4 silver quarters couple months ago but the land owner who had given me permission to hunt on that particular property had demanded those so I did not get to keep them. This one I get to hang on to. Happy 'bout that.

Hope to get another shot at the place tomorrow after work and see what turns up then. Will advise if anything good. HH to all.

Upvote 0

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver dime! As for the landowner who took your silver quarters...that's cruel.

BarberDan

May 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Merc....as for the quarters, I may have given the land owner one, to say thanks.....but there is no way I'd give him all four. What's the point of detecting if you don't get to keep your finds? I enjoy the hobby, to get outdoors and the quiet, but feel especially good if I get to find some silver, nice old coin or some really cool old relic. Next time you get permission to hunt a place, make sure the owner knows, you'll be keeping what you find. I usually let them know if I find anything of significant value ($100 or more) and we agree to split the profits...they are happy and I'm happy. It's their land, but your time, talent and equipment.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on Your Dime Find! one of those makes a successful hunt ;D
Previous landowner should have at least split the quarters with you ::)
HH :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread