First Silver Dollar ( PEACE ) !

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I went out detecting with a couple of buddies and had been digging clad all morning at an old school. They had both dug a few silver dimes and quarters between them. We were about to move on to another location when I hit this really target with my IMPACT. I had to look twice and still can't believe I got me a bucket lister for sure. Only about 5-6 inches down. Thanks for looking. HH ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512344033.482837.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512344051.357213.jpg

Upvote 41
Nearly as difficult to get as a gold coin. BIG SILVER Congrats to you mate. Very nice coinage!:headbang:

Nice! My first silver dollar was also a PEACE..1923..found in MY yard...and I scratched it because I thought it was another aluminum can...:tongue3:

Still looking for one of those beauties!! Congrats!!!!

I feel like the last word in your title is not only the type of dollar you found but also kind of like a "mic drop" walk off the stage word....... PEACE!!!!. I'd probably say something similar if I ever dug a silver dollar.

Last edited:
Killer large silver find! :notworthy:

Wow!!!! Thanks awesome! Big-time bucket lister, well done! Congrats and HH

Nice one there.You unearthed the last year of the peace dollars ,so now go out and dig some more.

Great find ! Most will never find one . In response to Lairmo -- my Peace Dollar find was exactly like yours - I thought I had detected a beer can , I scratched it badly on the obverse with a screwdriver probe . Mine was 1923 -S

I’ve hunted for 35 years in 6 states and still looking for one. Nice find congratulations!

80E20D1C-F0FD-4AE7-BC80-B75DA4F8AB63.pngE07D9125-38BF-4E14-AF5E-4A431B2D820B.jpeg

Congratulation on your AWESOME Unearthing of a gorgeous piece of silver!

Thanks to all for looking and Happy Holidays and good luck hunting.

I didn't plan on going out today, but what with A2's Barber Half, and now YOUR silver dollar? OK, there's a place I've been thinking about. I need to cut back on T-Net somewhat, I'm never home...........OK never mind, seeing these post, like I said.....there's a place I've been thinking about.............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back