First Silver Ever!

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Went out on Sunday morning and met up with my girlfriends cousin at some vacant lots he has been hunting. The lots had been disked recently, so we were hoping to find something. My girlfriend ended up digging her first 2 wheat pennies, her cousin hit 3 or 4 wheaties, and I got my first silver ever. The dime was about 3 inched down, and caked in dry dirt. I took the dirt clod over to her cousin to have him look at it for me (I left my glasses in the car), but I could see how white and shiny the coin was and figured it might be silver. He wiped the dirt off, and asked "What year do you think it is?" I replied......"got to be a '64". Sure enough it was a 1964 D Roosie. I was thrilled to finally find my first silver. Too bad it got hit by the farm implement, cant even get it in a mylar 2X2 its bent so badly. Oh well, silver is silver!! :headbang:

KEverett

Attachments

• IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 527
Upvote 0

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Congrats on your first silver. Bent is better than none. :thumbsup:

Randy

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lawnmower got that one..

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good scrap silver :icon_thumleft: i would take it.. MR TUFF

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on your 1st silver!!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going rate for that little bit of silver is over a $1, not to bad for just playing around. Now that
you found your first one, you know what it sounds like, go dig some more!!!

HH,Ringfinder

BerntOut

Jan 12, 2010
South West USA
Detector(s) used
Deus, BlissTool V3, CTX, Vallon VCM1, ......forgot the others!
Too bad it got hit by the farm implement, cant even get it in a mylar 2X2 its bent so badly. Oh well, silver is silver!! :headbang:

KEverett
[/quote]

Bring that taco dime over to my house and I'll show you how to make it fit in a mylar 2X2...... :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: that ought to be just about right... :laughing7:

leakypipes

Oct 7, 2007
Congrats on your first silver !! That is the one which gets you undeniably hooked on this hobby. It is the first of many to come.

OP
OP
keverett

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Thanks so much everyone for the kind words! I have been metal detecting for a little over a year now, but this is the first silver I have found so I am pretty excited. I have acquired a ton of clad (over $100.00), and a nice mens gold wedding band, but those silvers eluded me for the longest time. I guess the old saying "location, location, location" holds true to MD. I have been hunting older spots recently, and have started to gather up some wheat pennies, and a buffalo nickel. Now if I can hone in on the silvers I will be in great shape! Again, thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!

KEverett

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread