First silver for 2016 in February?

Ibmike1655

Sep 11, 2012
Woodstock, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X, Garrett ATPro International
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never ever thought that I would ever be posting a metal detecting find this time of year. But here it is. With the temps being up so high here in southern Ontario, I got to go hunting for a few days this past week. Nothing to write home about until the last hour of the last warm day. Stopped in at a local park, you know the one, the one that was hunted out years ago. The very first signal as
I stepped away from my car and out pops a 1962 Canadian silver dime, not a real oldie but definitely a keeper. After a few days cleaning up the play grounds and parks of clad coins and can slaw, it is a nice way to say so long to the warm spell. Can not really complain about the hands full of pennies I picked up because when I get back to work in the spring, I plan on melting them down into 90 % copper bars. The temps have dropped and the snow is blowing so it is back to dreaming of warmer days and of the finds that are yet to be found. Canadian winters suck, well most of the time.

Upvote 8
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the silver find! :occasion14:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...