SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A buddy from the rod and gun club got permission to detect the property of a home built in 1831! He was kind enough to invite me and three other detectorists from the club to see what we could find. We invaded the property today and the owner had no problem with five us and encouraged us to dig away!

With high hopes, two of us worked the front yard and the other three hit the back yard. I used my 8" coil on my E-Trac because I expected the normal amount of ferrous (nails and other iron targets) to be spread out along with a few pulltabs. The guys that worked the back yard found very few coins and quite a few hot wheel type cars. Didn't think those were around in the 1800s. The other guy in the front yard found two wheats and a 1920 buffalo but nothing older.

I found some clad, memorial pennies and finally found a 1957 wheatie. I checked the hole again and got a solid 12-46 which should be a quarter and it was down 8". Digging carefully in the black soil, I saw the glint of silver and sure enough, pulled out a sweet 1964 Canadian quarter! Love those Canadian silver coins!

This was the only silver found but everyone had a great day! Always more fun when you can do it with a group!

P5070140.JPG

P5070141.JPG

Upvote 6

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a fun day, congrats on your finds. I found a '64 Canadian quarter today too!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love those Canadian silvers too, congrats on the finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread