First Silver Found! (Picture Included)

SilverGuy

Jul 3, 2010
Stopped by BoA today and picked up a box of dimes. Most (if not all) St. Louis BoA are supplied by Brinks, therefore coins come in the clear plastic rolls. It works out great cuz I can edgecheck the dimes for silver without opening all the rolls. (My banks only accept rolled coins.)

This box was 98% BU 2010D dimes :dontknow: but out of the few regular dimes there was a 1962D silver dime :hello2: First Silver pulled out of circulation! ;D

Attachments

• P10109551.jpg
    P10109551.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have better luck with bags of dimes, or customer wrapped rolls. I have found some silver in the clear wraps though, just not as much.

OP
OP
SilverGuy

SilverGuy

Jul 3, 2010
Thanks for the support everyone. The reason i prefer the clear wrappers is for the ease of searching. It takes me 2-3 minutes to pull all the silver out. And I don't need to open the skunk rolls. Go straight to the silver :o

@Timbobwey I realized that clear rolls allow bank employees to search the rolls but the box was sealed at Brinks. How many dimes are in a dime bag and will banks usually take them over the counter?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to this forum Silverguy. I've searched my share of dimes for a couple years, but I never find any silvers in the clear-wrapped. A few posters here have had luck with the clear-wrapped.
My finds average the same, whether searching customer rolls or boxes. You may want to find a free coin counter, then you can search customer rolls without re-rolling. It sure helps me when dumping a large quantity. You may even find a bank that lets you deposit loose bags of dimes. I did that for a while.
Good luck in your search, ffd

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
congrats! ur first silver is always the best! keep it up and hh.
PS i like the loomis boxes, w/ the white/green wrappers (at least for dimes they are green), always had good luck on those.

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
Good find Silverguy! I too get only the clear Brinks boxes (when bags aren't available) and average about 2 per box. Ialso rarely get skunked (only 2X in over 100 boxes). My boxes are sealed at Brinks and not checked by my bank so there is no chance for Teller pilferage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread