Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone.

Went to a club hunt today in one of Portlands many "hunted out" parks. 72 hours of hunting (18 folks X 4 hours), produced 4 silver coins, 2 silver rings, a gold ring and a gold bracelet among the significant finds.

I was fortunate enough to find a 1944 S Silver nickel as well as a silver ring. That is my first ever war nickel :tongue3:

I also found a small lapel pin. I has the initials N. W. E. L & P. A. We think the first three letters are for North West Electric. any other information ya'll can provide is appreciated.

Attachments

• march 1 hunt.JPG
    march 1 hunt.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 559
Upvote 0
Nice finds, HH....

Those are some great finds. It's a good thing the park is hunted out, lol.

Ferrous Bueller said:
North West Electric, Light and Power Authority? Just a guess

He could be right, it looks like maybe a water wheel on the pin? Nice finds!

Not 100% sure, but i might be for Northwestern Electric (NWE) which was one of the small companies that produced hydro electric power (as pictured by the turbine) I think they were a part of the power and light administration/authority (PLA) that later became PGE, or Portland General Electric. That would place that pendant around 1915-1935 at the latest.

What club are you with OTTS? I have been thinking about looking for a local club around here.

:thumbsup: Congrats on that first, WA~!

Hey Lloyd,Congrats on the silver nickel are you still coming to hunt !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Its starting to warm up a little .Have a Good one !!!!

Hello Lloyd!

Congrats on your first war nickel. I thought you would have found one of those a long time ago!!

Keep it going! :thumbsup:

HH,

CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back