First Silver of the Year (x2)

carolinachief

Oct 31, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started out this morning by going through my change jar and located a 1963 Rosie. Great start to the morning but the day only got better. After work I went out and checked out another field right by my house. Found a bunch of brick and concrete where a house used to be. Started swinging around a little just checking things out. Hit a couple of signals that turned out to be aluminum pieces and then got a good signal that bounced from 50c to $1 at 2 inches. I figured it was just more trash. Cut a plug anyway and the signal was no longer in the hole. Checked my plug and it was still reading loud and clear. Broke the plug apart and in one small piece still had a signal. Turned it over and saw a large silver edge. Pulled out my first ever SILVER Half, 1901-O Barber. The year is starting off great. Happy Hunting all.

Attachments

• 1901 Barber Half.jpg
    1901 Barber Half.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 803
  • 1901 Barber Half 001.jpg
    1901 Barber Half 001.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 807
Upvote 0
OP
OP
carolinachief

carolinachief

Oct 31, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the encouraging replies. I went back yesterday and found an iron, a hubcap, a button thing, assorted trash items and 3 pennies(1966, 1946, 1934). Will be going back again today and try for more silver.
Happy Hunting All.

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what kind of detector u use?

OP
OP
carolinachief

carolinachief

Oct 31, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mwsvector said:

I am using A Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300. It has done a great job for me. It has found lots of clad, silver, and my only Gold.(a class ring posted here earlier)

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
carolinachief said:
mwsvector said:

I am using A Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300. It has done a great job for me. It has found lots of clad, silver, and my only Gold.(a class ring posted here earlier)

My 3300 has yet to find a silver........I'm thinking about a Tesoro.......maybe there just hard to find.....I'm in a silver slump........I guess.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Excellent find!..........I was a few inches short of buying a 3300 myself at one point. I still read good things about it.

OP
OP
carolinachief

carolinachief

Oct 31, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 3300 has yet to find a silver........I'm thinking about a Tesoro.......maybe there just hard to find.....I'm in a silver slump........I guess.
[/quote]

You just gotta find some silver to swing it over. I have months between silver not because of the detector but because of lack of time to swing. Keep working and finding good spots and it will come.

Bick

Greenie
Dec 5, 2006
saaaweeet find! I can only dream of hunting, here in eastern Iowa. Fresh snow on the ground and 7*.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find. I can't seem to find anything older than the 1940's. :)

S

Scots Gaelic

Very nice finds! It's nice to know that others use a B.H.-MD also! I have found that to pick up gold & silver use the "auto notch" w/ the discrm at about 1/4, (at least on the Quick Draw II).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread