First silver of the year

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out on the spur of the moment yesterday to a few permissions that a friend had set up while I was enroute. The last few months in 2015 has been tough finding silver, although I found a silver dollar in November. I haven't been posting much, but I feel that being the first detecting trip for me in 2016 and finding something decent warrants it.

I didn't think the places were all that great because the backyard looked to have about 4 inches of clay so I moved to the front. I was getting a few wheat cents fairly deep and my moved up to where I was detecting and I found the Palmolive token. Around an hour later I found the 1947 Rosy about 3 inches down. Sounded great, but only registered a 12.43 on the CTX, so I thought it was a penny. Then 10 minutes later I found the second Rosy, but it was only an inch down. I was digging next to it and I reached in and my hand came out with the dime stuck to the glove.

I found approximately 6 wheats all in the front yard. We moved over to the second place (that he had already detected) and 2 minutes in, I found the another wheat and 3 inches down I hit the 1944 quarter. After about an hour we moved to a second site and I found another wheat and some clad and then we quickly hit a house where we had permission the week before and I found a few more wheats, mostly in the back yard.

I found the token, 3 silver and 13 wheats total and about $2.25 in clad.

Good luck this coming year!

20160101_193201.jpg 20160101_193219.jpg 20160101_193229.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice way to start the year Pointman. Silvers & a token is a great outing.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good work, happy new year buddy

OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice way to start the year Pointman. Silvers & a token is a great outing.

Thanks I agree. I love silver, but really feel it when I don't find a token of some kind for a couple of months. I am not sure which one I love better.

Very good work, happy new year buddy

Thanks. Good luck to you! Have a great year detecting and digging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread