Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s been 3 years now and I’ve never found a silver coin (except War Nickels) at this park. So I was out there at the crack of dawn (7am to 1pm) swinging. I asked God to please allow me to find a silver if I worked hard and it paid off on the 6th hour. I got a 1946 Washington, 1912 V-Nickel and a 1908 V-Nickel. Not the prettiest I’m must warn you but they’re mine.
**Still not a 100% sure about the 1912. It’s either a 12 or 13, but since only 5 13’s are known to exist I’m going with 1912. Lol

IMG_2077.JPG IMG_2082.JPG IMG_2085.JPG IMG_2081.JPG IMG_2088.JPG IMG_2086.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 17

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the silver you should try some othe spots if you don't find much silver like old fairgrounds baseball fields old camping grounds fishing spots ect the woods atr a great place also . Glad to see you found some great coins . Thanks for posting your finds Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I misread your post you meant first at this park sorry I'm half asleep. Hows the Max treating you. I got one also as a surprise a few days ago Ive used the at pro for years so I'm guessing not to much to learn. ????Does the all metal mode show accurate VDI numbers I know the sound doesn't vary at all from what I hear ???? any comments would be great Thanks my friend

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first silver of the year. I'm having issues seeing the pics.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job on the silver you should try some othe spots if you don't find much silver like old fairgrounds baseball fields old camping grounds fishing spots ect the woods atr a great place also . Glad to see you found some great coins . Thanks for posting your finds Tommy

Yeah Tommy me and this park have a love hate relationship. Most of the easy silver has been gone for many years, but I know there Spanish there deep I guess it’s just the challenge more then anything.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I misread your post you meant first at this park sorry I'm half asleep. Hows the Max treating you. I got one also as a surprise a few days ago Ive used the at pro for years so I'm guessing not to much to learn. ????Does the all metal mode show accurate VDI numbers I know the sound doesn't vary at all from what I hear ???? any comments would be great Thanks my friend

A2 it’s definitely deeper, but the VDI numbers aren’t as solid as in the Pro and you will get smaller deeper targets. Once you learn the good “bad” signals you’ll be just fine. IMG_1203.JPG

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver of the year. Thats a nice old V Nickel also.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, Congrats on your first silver coin! That's one you won't forget. Bet there's more of them waiting for you in that park.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice old coin shooting! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread