Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I had a little time after work this evening and decided to hit one of my sports fields for a quick hunt before dark. I haven't been out there since last year.

So I got there and started swinging, dug two small clad pocket spills, a few pull tabs and the usual trash.
Then I got one of those beautiful high hits that suddenly started bouncing a bit but of course I dug it anyway. Maybe three inches down out popped a nice little .925 band. Here it is with the dirt still on it.....

Silver Pinky Ring 1st of 2016 March 25 2016 001.JPG Silver Pinky Ring 1st of 2016 March 25 2016 002.JPG

That bouncy signal was because a little farther in the hole I found the tiny chain the ring was once attached to. It was junk so I tossed it in with my trash. The ring itself is small; too small for my pinky so I'm thinking it may have been for a kid. I also noticed that the mark is identical to another ring I dug last year.

Then the wind started blowing, it got colder and the sun went down so I wrapped it up. I walked away happy. One silver find makes it all worthwhile.

This is ring #60 since starting this hobby and my second this year.
The whole hunt was maybe 45 minutes. Now I think I'll go and see how nice she cleans up.

I finally pulled the trigger on an upgrade this week too. I have an Omega 8000 on the way that should arrive early next week. I'm hoping to step it up a bit this year. We'll see.

That's about it.
Thanks for looking and HH.....

Last edited:
Upvote 5

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver. That's a good start:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver. That's a good start:icon_thumright:

Until today I've only been hunting one spot. It's really getting cleaned out in all but one extremely trashy area that I'm slowly getting cleaned up.
I just have a feeling something good is hiding under all of that trash. I did find a nice 10K class ring there this year but mostly I've been digging bottle caps, nails, foil, pull tabs and can slaw.

But it was nice to get out for a little while tonight and hit a different spot. Once again, this one turned up on the soccer field sidelines. I've found quite a few nice pieces of jewelry on those sports fields and especially along the sidelines.

I originally started hunting this particular park after checking out some old aerial photos here:

NETR Online ? Historic Aerials

Dunno' if you're familiar with it but it has the street overlays and photos going back to the mid to late 50's in many areas. It's a great resource for hunting treasure.
Today's site was once a big farm and I located the house and a few outbuildings in the old photos.

I haven't found squat around the old house and barn areas except lots of iron, flat washers and other trash but I have found a few nice modern pieces of jewelry from modern sports folk. The park itself is relatively new; maybe 15 years old tops.

But we gotta' take it where it leads us right?? No old artifacts or silver has appeared but lots of clad and a bit of jewelry.
I'll take it any day.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet ring. I bet that brought a smile to your face when you saw that in the hole. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread