JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detected at Santa Cruz and found this tiny piece of silver chain my first silver that wasn't a coin. 1574555532286.jpeg

Upvote 9
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's rather pathetic lol but oh well

thursdaythunder

Aug 13, 2019
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold / AT Pro / Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver is Silver! I throw it in the "Melt Box" then it all gets eaten by the Devil's Forge at the end of the year.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well being my only piece of silver I've found I've got a long way before I can melt. I've been detecting for awhile and this is the only silver that isn't coin I have found. Apparently I'm not good at this.

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you’re finding silver coins, you’re doing as well as any of us. Hang in there, and keep hunting. Jewelry isn’t lost as often as coins are. (Not counting swimming areas).

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I've found the years of detecting are 3 silver dimes. I'm only use the simple mode on my AT Pro with no headphones. I have never been able to learn all the complexity with the tones j just apparently am not capable of learning that. I also have generalized anxiety disorder so makes it hard for me to detect and ask permission for areas and don't drive so makes it extra hard to do.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
All I've found the years of detecting are 3 silver dimes. I'm only use the simple mode on my AT Pro with no headphones. I have never been able to learn all the complexity with the tones j just apparently am not capable of learning that. I also have generalized anxiety disorder so makes it hard for me to detect and ask permission for areas and don't drive so makes it extra hard to do.

So set your machine to Pro mode with zero discrimination and dig EVERY signal. Seriously, you'll start to get the hang of it. Pro mode wide open is a great TEACHER. I've only found one silver dime in three years. Have found some other goodies but that's because I dig anything that makes my machine make a noise.

The old pros on here will tell you that if you ain't diggin' trash you ain't diggin' enough. Keep it up.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So set your machine to Pro mode with zero discrimination and dig EVERY signal. Seriously, you'll start to get the hang of it. Pro mode wide open is a great TEACHER. I've only found one silver dime in three years. Have found some other goodies but that's because I dig anything that makes my machine make a noise.

The old pros on here will tell you that if you ain't diggin' trash you ain't diggin' enough. Keep it up.
I've never figured pro mode out I get too confused with it. Where I live every bit of dirty I go over beeps on pro mode

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never figured pro mode out I get too confused with it. Where I live every bit of dirty I go over beeps on pro mode
*dirt

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done picking that little piece up! Haha.
Thank you mind you I did it also slightly intoxicated as my anxiety won't let me metal detect a busy beach so easily

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread