First silver today

Beepndig

Aug 19, 2015
CO
Detector(s) used
Ace350, pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my first silver coin on a short after dinner hunt. :headbang: 1963 Roosevelt dime....... Nothing outrageous , but silver none the less. I picked up an ace 350 in early July and have been hitting the local playgrounds and parks and have logged a good 40+ hrs on the detector. Not a mile down nor some faint little whisper of tone . Like most coins found 6" or less with the ace, it rang up with an obnoxious , slot machine like, high tone . in the dime range on the ID @ 2 inches. I pin pointed and dug a dime at 2". :icon_thumleft: Happy hunting

Upvote 14

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cobgrats on your first silver. :occasion14: You'll always remember where you dug the 1st.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14::wav::occasion14: Now it gets all easier from here on out...........:laughing7:

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the first silver, mine was a '52 Roosie. Our first silver is like a business and their first dollar that is framed on the wall, a beginning.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put that bad boy in a coin folder,, date it,, and put the location of where you found it. Your first of anything is special,, Congrats

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver. Many more will come, but you will always remember that one.

OP
OP
B

Beepndig

Aug 19, 2015
CO
Detector(s) used
Ace350, pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the congrats. It is a step in the right direction and super happy with my first silver. I found it at my own grade school that I attended in early 80s . School was built in the fifties and torn down around late 90s. Doesn't seem to have been hit before. Something on the lunch menu created dimes in change in late 70s as I have found several dimes in that range , then I hit an early 50s wheat and a 65 quarter. Knew there had to be some late silver in there. It brings back tons of memories hunting there, and a little sadness cause I ain't getting any younger. Behind the school was our local dirt hills where we spent massive amounts of time hucking our bmx bikes off the big kicker and the smaller jump known as the donkey kick. Right behind the school was was a gut check known as devils hill. A very steep 30 ft drop that was near vertical that you had to drop in or be heckled. Anyway, happy huntin

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your first silver!!!

I love that first silver.... Remember how before I dug a silver I was always checking dates... Now you know it as soon as you see it. Congrates silver is silver.

Ain't that the truth!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your first silver. Best of luck to you!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first, nice work.

OP
OP
B

Beepndig

Aug 19, 2015
CO
Detector(s) used
Ace350, pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Revisited the school today and no silver today:dontknow:.......I thought I would find silver every day now that I broke the ice? Haven't really buckled down yet at the school and started working it hard in any particular manner. Just been working large x patterns looking for any hot spots and trying to map out all the old pea gravel play ground areas. I somewhat remember the the lay out, but with the buildings and parking lots gone , it's not super clear. Plus it's been 30+ years since I have set foot on the property. There was only a small grass area big enough for a foot ball field and it's still grassy, just baked out since it hasn't been watered In quite some time. Amazed it s still grass at all? The grassy seems to be the hotter area and I did start to work a 20x20 area and dug a dozen or so signals in that area. Pennies and one more 70s dime. Some can slaw and small copper piping. Returned to the center of the grassy area where I found a wheat and the silver and pulled a few quarters from the nineties. Did pull a few pennies from opposite side of where the school building an dug up some pea gravel from the old playground area. This side of things has houses bordering the fence line where some old ball fields used to be and the dogs were going crazy. It will be difficult to search with out pissing off the natives. It's nice to be able to just dig the area and fret about the grass. It's exciting because I know silver is possible, I can chase a signal to china and learn a little more about my machines tendencies. I also get to add some pocket change to the Jar dedicated to replacing the purchase price of the machine.

fredbug 67

Oct 12, 2013
Mahwah,NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -XP Deus-
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your 1st Silver! Wishing you many more in the future.My first was a Mercury dime- boy was I happy!

OP
OP
B

Beepndig

Aug 19, 2015
CO
Detector(s) used
Ace350, pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2nd silver on the board today! This time it's 51 Roosevelt dime. Different location, same results. Was finding several pennies from 60-70 near the surface so looking good for an area to not have been detected before. Found a 51 wheat penny and stoked the fire for possible silver and less than 2 ft and about 2 seconds later got the signal. Almost just put it in my pocket because of how red the coin was like most of the modern coins I have dug. The first sliver dime I found was in good condition with little tarnish and have that silver shine. There was a a few small chips out of the red corrosion with silver shining through and took a closer look to see it was a 1951! :laughing7:. Wife was getting board and got her steps in with gone fit bit and half heatedly swung the detector on the way back to the car find a modern $1 coin also. Good day for me. Three above average finds in about 1.5 hr hunt. Tons of signals and several more days worth of detecting in this area. The first dime is the first on I found when started this thread. second red dime, wheat and dollar coin from today. aI image.jpg

Last edited:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's hoping we'll be seeing LOTS more shots of your silver finds, Beep! Congrats. 😁

OP
OP
B

Beepndig

Aug 19, 2015
CO
Detector(s) used
Ace350, pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Revisited this huntin grounds again this in the hopes of finding some more silver. Wife was doing water aerobics tonight and Had about an hr and half of daylight to work with. Mild temps and skeeters are starting to mellow out, grab the detector and some water and let's go! I haven't hunted the area in a while. Kind of keeping it in my pocket as I know silver is possible, and it's close to the house. I have been breaking the grassy area into pieces by the areas that have grass and the patches of baked out weeds....... Simple and effective way to break it down into smaller areas to focus on , yet more random at the same time. Any way. as I worked my little patches of grass or weedy areas, I began finding more dimes from the seventies like I did in the beginning. I also found several dimes in areas I had already looked? ( I was searching in all metal mode before and getting overwhelmed with junk signals and wasting time digging junk). I don't real think there is a huge advantage to running a machine like the ace 350 in all metal and was running a lot of discrimination. Any way, Got the juices flowing and just started working the field. It started getting dark and was relying on the pin pointer vs sight more and more. Then a homeless man came stumbling through the 6 ft tall, wheat like , grass on the edge of the field and startled me a little. I was about half way across the field and there was nice border of weedy areas I could work on the way back to the car. Started heating up with a few dime , a nickel and a few Lincoln's......getting dark and my mind is starting play tricks like the homeless dude is stalking me like a lion in the long grass on the savanna . Then one last solid signal that was shallow enough for the pointer to see it , but deep enough that I had to bust out the bayonet to get through the baked out soil. To my surprise , I pulled a 37 three pence out of the ground. Cool little find and not at all what I had in mind. But I guess that's what keeps us digging. You never know what you might find. I know The religious pendant isn't gold, cause I was hunting in coin mode. Prob silver plated , and has a few symbols on the back and says "protect us".. image.jpg

Last edited:

Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And many more!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats...once you continue to learn the machine the finds usually always get better...but remember the most important part minus knowing the detector is the research and area! throw in a little bit of luck and u will do just fine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread